Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

I have been thinking recently about ways to combine my passion for coin collecting with my desires to stack silver and see my stack grow. After days of contemplating this concept, I came up with the idea to start a new series on my YouTube channel called "The Search for Silver". It's going to have it all: coin roll hunting, silver purchases, and the satisfaction of filling up coin books as I go. If you're interested in seeing this process and learning a little more about how I'm going to do it, please feel free to watch the first episode below! I'm excited to get this series rolling and I can't wait to see what I find along the way!

Thanks for watching,
- Ryan

Upvote 0

49er4ever44

Feb 9, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I see way too many people complain about videos because of their limited data or reception lol step out of the stone age and grab you some unlimited data. It's nice. Or just move on. Whatever. Thanks for the vid!

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see way too many people complain about videos because of their limited data or reception lol step out of the stone age and grab you some unlimited data. It's nice. Or just move on. Whatever. Thanks for the vid!

I'm pretty sure FormerTeller is opposed for other reasons...which I thought we had settled months ago.

Thanks for watching, I really appreciate it!

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously the issue was never "settled" based on the first 2 posts of this thread.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
rryanq: what your trying to do is convince us that this is a BRAND NEW CONCEPT in coin collecting. No its not, I've been doing this type of collecting, hunting, stacking, folders, etc since I was a kid, back in the early '60's, and this is what nearly ALL OF US have done in the past, & currently. It's nothing NEW to the hobby of coin collecting. We all might do it a little differently from each other, none the less, it's the same regardless. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rryanq: what your trying to do is convince us that this is a BRAND NEW CONCEPT in coin collecting. No its not, I've been doing this type of collecting, hunting, stacking, folders, etc since I was a kid, back in the early '60's, and this is what nearly ALL OF US have done in the past, & currently. It's nothing NEW to the hobby of coin collecting. We all might do it a little differently from each other, none the less, it's the same regardless. Just my opinion.

I do not believe that collecting coins and stacking silver is a new concept. However, while I have seen plenty of WRITTEN logs that document these endeavors in their entirety, I have never seen a full blown VIDEO log of the same activity. Most videos deal in solely silver stacking or solely coin roll hunting. So yes, I think the concept is somewhat novel in the video realm, not the personal one.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy your videos and think its awesome that you and your brother can bond over CRH and metal detecting. Is your GF (Lanie?) still around? Haven't seen her on many of your vids in awhile.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Having been a coin collector since the 60s when I would go to the bank and buy rolls of dimes (all Silver) and cherry pick the Mercs for my book and throw the Rosies back, I'm pretty sure this isn't a new concept. Just sayin. But with that being said, if it makes you happy and you're new to the hobby then it's all good. Welcome to the world of coin collecting. My parents started my collection for me when my dad found out my mom was pregnant. Thanks to them and thanks to me picking up the hobby when I got a little older I have every proof set from 1955 to current, most of my books are filled, and I'm down to needing to fill only the holes that cost as much as a decent used car to fill..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy your videos and think its awesome that you and your brother can bond over CRH and metal detecting. Is your GF (Lanie?) still around? Haven't seen her on many of your vids in awhile.

Hey MXH, I appreciate that! Unfortunately, Laine and I are through. We're at two different colleges now and it just wouldn't work out for us. Hopefully there's another girl out there that will put up with my detecting/coin roll hunting hobbies like she did. I'm hopeful anyway!

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having been a coin collector since the 60s when I would go to the bank and buy rolls of dimes (all Silver) and cherry pick the Mercs for my book and throw the Rosies back

What an incredibly different time...I imagine that once the clad dimes came out, people started hoarding all silver right? Also, what is the oldest coin you found in the rolls back then?

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey MXH, I appreciate that! Unfortunately, Laine and I are through. We're at two different colleges now and it just wouldn't work out for us. Hopefully there's another girl out there that will put up with my detecting/coin roll hunting hobbies like she did. I'm hopeful anyway!

I figured something like that happened. Plenty of fish in the sea. I think you and your brother will appreciate looking back on all the videos you make together. I wish me and my brother could have done what your doing.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drumming up views for ad revenue is gonna be tough with this crowd.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drumming up views for ad revenue is gonna be tough with this crowd.

The only reason I posted this video here is because it's the first in its series. Now that you all pretty much know about it, I won't be posting about future videos unless they contain a really nice CRH find. If you really care about watching the rest of the series then you'll follow it on YouTube. No need for an overkill.

I would like to say real quick though that I appreciate you guys as an audience and I am glad to see that you allow me to post my videos here every once in a while. If I try this over on Reddit, they'll just ban me before I get a chance to explain myself. So even though you don't all like the videos, I respect that you are collectively in favor of freedom of speech on the internet.

NoThisIsPatrick

Jan 8, 2015
Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man this is a good video- not sure why Tnet is always so skeptical of every post haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread