I know that sound...

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really coin roll hunting but went to the gas station and standing in line The guy in front of me pays for his coffee with coins and I hear the two hitting together. The teller puts them in her drawer. I'm next in her line and I pay for mine and tell her I want the coins the guy just before me paid with. She said it was two quarters. She grabs all of them and scoops them up and shows them all to me and said pick it out. So I pulled out a 1940 silver quarter...

The guy behind me..."CRAP! I was going to ask for it too! Your too young to know that sound!" Lol. It stands out in the crowd!

A small score but something so little can make your day! A friend of mine was at work and having a bad day, he collects silver. So I stopped by and gave it to him and that small $.25 piece made his day!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474864870.157097.jpg

Upvote 0

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
A small score but something so little can make your day! A friend of mine was at work and having a bad day, he collects silver. So I stopped by and gave it to him and that small $.25 piece made his day!
I knew you were a good guy! Way to go. Nice score too!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
1940 - That was a good year....for silver! :laughing7: Kudos for passing it on to your friend. :thumbsup:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, nice quarter. Nice of you to give it to your friend, too.
In my teen yrs, I worked in convenience stores and grocery stores, handling the cash registers. Yep, you learn that sound, feel, and look, too. We could separate the old coins, and at the end of our shifts, just buy them at face value. We smoked back then, I always hated, you could taste the metals through your cig's after a shift.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He informed me today that he'll take anymore I find out in the wild too. I laughed and I said the next one will be three dollars!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread