Two more boxes of halves and my first box of nickels

mrbks22

Sep 13, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Friday I went to pick up my weekly two boxes from the bank and found out the lady who ordered actually ordered 6K worth of boxes all at once instead of getting me two boxes each week. No big deal to me except the first five boxes out of that order were skunks with tons of marked coins. Like the good little CRH'er I am, I took the coins because I've got to get rid of these boxes so she'll order more. My bankroll isn't big enough to get me three boxes at a time yet, so I also took home my first box of nickels, just to try it out.

As I expected, the two boxes of halves didn't give up any silver, but I did get my first two Kennedy proofs, a 1978 and 1979.

Proofs.jpg

I moved on to the nickels and sure enough, the second roll gave up a dirty 1943 S. I thought, this is going to be fun. And it was fun, but not productive. I did pull 18 pre-60 nickels, including a 1939. I also found a very beaten up Buffalo, no date, in the last roll. Now that was pretty cool.

war buff.jpg

I think I'll order some more boxes of nickels to go along with the halves for next week.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread