Competition

mrbks22

Sep 13, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I went back to my bank, the one where the vault manager ordered 6K of halves so I get two a week. Well, I've searched through 6 skunky boxes so far, but I have to knock the rest of them out so she can order so more and hopefully, hit a better batch. I dumped all my coins at new banks yesterday (and found two british one pound coins in the reject tray!) and with a little extra I squeezed from the budget, I expanded my funds to $1500 so I could get three of the 5 remaining boxes. Lo and behold, I walk in to get them and she says, I only have three boxes left because someone came in and got two of them. Must be some competition in the area although she says she has never had anyone ask to order halves before.

Before I leave, she asks if I want her to order more halves and of course I say yes, and ask if she can add 5 boxes of nickels to the order. Not a problem she says. I take my three boxes, knowing they'll be skunks anyway because of the other boxes, and head to the car. Slowly, because three boxes are HEAVY!

Box 1 (Box 9 overall for me) is a skunk. A few beat up NIFCs is all.

On box two, I get a little too lazy, expecting another skunk, and almost miss this:

IMG_4199.jpg

I guess it got overlooked because it's not real pretty, but I'll take it.

Box 3 was also a skunk, but I have to say, I was happy to end up with one 40%er out of those boxes.

Hopefully the next batch will be better and I'm going to branch out and try to find some CWRs or a bank that will sell me a bag off a machine.

Attachments

• IMG_4199.jpg
    IMG_4199.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mrbks22

Sep 13, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know why the picture attached a second time.

EastCoastmetal

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You still get silver from rolls? Those days are long gone here in Canada with the coin recycling program etc or at the very least super rare.

OP
OP
M

mrbks22

Sep 13, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You still get silver from rolls? Those days are long gone here in Canada with the coin recycling program etc or at the very least super rare.

Read a couple of pages from this forum. You'll be shocked if you think me getting one 40%er is a big deal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions