Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and it was my first silver dime too!

Alright, I've only done three boxes of dimes and haven't had the best of luck. However, my very first silver dime finally came in the third box I searched. And it was an ender!
Unfortunately, I didn't see it until I opened the roll. It was tricky...reverse showing, dirty, and no D mintmark to set it apart from an ordinary clad. Still happy to have it, and I hope you all enjoy the video. Happy hunting.

Upvote 0

smalltownfisherman

Sep 9, 2015
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
Dimes are my favorite coins to search. If you're finding Canadian coins, you can guarantee that the chances of finding silver will be pretty high. I've searched around 75-100 boxes, and the best box that I found was eighty pieces of AG. I've searched through the boxes that have the inspection holes in the bottom, which never have Canadian, and are they're always skunks. I've got the same folder and it's starting to look filled out.

I like the dual-view where you can see the coins too. The lighting seems a little dim, but I enjoyed the video.

Here's my folder from CRH only:
P1000626.JPG

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry, and mean no offense, but I'm not watching a video to see one dime. Kind of redundant.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dimes are my favorite coins to search. If you're finding Canadian coins, you can guarantee that the chances of finding silver will be pretty high. I've searched around 75-100 boxes, and the best box that I found was eighty pieces of AG. I've searched through the boxes that have the inspection holes in the bottom, which never have Canadian, and are they're always skunks. I've got the same folder and it's starting to look filled out.

I like the dual-view where you can see the coins too. The lighting seems a little dim, but I enjoyed the video.

Here's my folder from CRH only:
View attachment 1381186

Dang, you're doing a good job on that folder! Im thinking that I maybe should have just started with an empty folder and seen how far I could get through just CRH, but I chose to start with my partially filled collection so I'm sticking with it.

I'm up in Michigan so I find a fair amount of Canadian coins in whatever denomination I search, so I'm not sure if the "more canadians = more silver" thing applies here. Either way, they make the hunt a little more exciting/suspenseful haha. And thanks for pointing out the lighting, I'm looking into getting some higher quality studio lights for my videos. I figure it's worth the investment at this point.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry, and mean no offense, but I'm not watching a video to see one dime. Kind of redundant.

That's understandable. I figured some members here might enjoy the discussion/entertainment but if you just wanna see finds, then this is definitely not the episode for you haha. You can't score big every time :dontknow:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not talking about big scores, it's just one coin found just requires a pic.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not talking about big scores, it's just one coin found just requires a pic.

I see where you're coming from, but I make the decision to put a lot of time and effort into making the video before I know whether or not it's going to be a big score. So whether or not it ends up being one, I'm still going to make the video. It's a form of entertainment/education on the hobby regardless of what I find, so it still holds value. However, I can see how that value is diminished when the video is presented to a mature group of coin roll hunters who already know everything there is to know and just want to see finds. Luckily, not everyone on this forum is a part of that group, so I included the video as oppose to a picture. Not to mention the fact that everyone already knows what a silver rosie looks like. Cheers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions