Can cross Benboa off the bucket list!!!!!

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I try to average one silver coin per day for year. I needed 12 coming into this week. 4 halves boxes gave up 6 40%ers, pulled 2 more out of a teller tray while dumping leaving me 4 to go. I only have 4 more boxes ordered for the year so today I decided to lock this thing up. I called a teller who has offered unlimited bags off their machine. I grabbed a bag of pennies, nickels, dimes and halves. Pennies yielded 19 wheats. Nickels offered an '82-S proof and a '40-D with 6 partial steps but nothing else of note. Dimes gave up a '36 Merc, my first in $11,525 worth dimes, and 6 silver Rosies. That locked me up for over 366 silvers for the year. Halves yielded 2 40%ers, a '64, a '64-D and a 1962 Balboa which I'm affectionately calling a Benboa (any Balboa for '48-'63). I've always wanted to find a silver Balboa as a bucket list coin. Super stoked to have it. I figured I'd find one some day but assumed it would be a 40%er. Also thrilled that this bag pick up is working.

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_outstanding.gif

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on achieving your goal for the year and good job with the silver Balboa, foreign silver is always fun to find!!
Happy holidays,
HH
Buff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions