It's all your fault.

RambleOn

May 19, 2016
Left Arm Pit of the US
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20170103_165457.jpg Yep, it's all your fault guys. Went to a local bank today to setup an account. Figured I'd grab a roll of half dollars for the heck of it since I've been creeping this forum lately. I've collected coins on and of since I was a kid but have never tried coin roll hunting. So I asked the lady for a roll of half dollars and she proceeded to search for empty sleeves for me.:icon_scratch: when I explained I wanted rolled coins she went and grabbed me a roll. Hopefully her confusion is a good sign nobody asks for rolled coins around here. Anywho, opened it up in the truck and found this one on the second coin I looked at. The rest were duds but the damage is done I'm hooked:icon_thumright: It's all your fault treasurenet...

Upvote 0

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Umm...has anyone mentioned to you yet about the Tnet fees?? :laughing7:

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah I watched Ryan's vids and there's too much snow to dig for gold or detect and it looks like some fun. I may try a box of $500 in halves at my bank in Gunnison. I need to see about dumping them tho. My wife thinks I'm crazy but there's not much choice. I need to see some new precious metals in my life, or at least a few cool coins I can stare at for fifty cents apiece.
My arm is in a sling for six weeks and I'm going nuts after three and a half. I think I need this for therapy.
She may have to open the rolls for me but I haven't told her that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RambleOn

May 19, 2016
Left Arm Pit of the US
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel ya with the sling. Im pending a meeting with ortho to see if they're going to cut on this damn rotator cuff finally. It's all good, i can still check rolls and I suppose I can swing the detector...I'll just make my buddy dig lol.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1398166 Yep, it's all your fault guys. Went to a local bank today to setup an account. Figured I'd grab a roll of half dollars for the heck of it since I've been creeping this forum lately. I've collected coins on and of since I was a kid but have never tried coin roll hunting. So I asked the lady for a roll of half dollars and she proceeded to search for empty sleeves for me.:icon_scratch: when I explained I wanted rolled coins she went and grabbed me a roll. Hopefully her confusion is a good sign nobody asks for rolled coins around here. Anywho, opened it up in the truck and found this one on the second coin I looked at. The rest were duds but the damage is done I'm hooked:icon_thumright: It's all your fault treasurenet...

Uhhh.... if she went back and grabbed one roll and it had silver in it... get back in your car, drive back to the bank and ask to buy them all :) Welcome to the addiction!

OP
OP
R

RambleOn

May 19, 2016
Left Arm Pit of the US
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uhhh.... if she went back and grabbed one roll and it had silver in it... get back in your car, drive back to the bank and ask to buy them all :) Welcome to the addiction!

I am going to get them, fortunately small town, small banks. The tellers had to ask each other to find me a roll of them each at two different branches. I'm sure they have more though. One teller was offering up Ike's as well without even asking for large dollars so it seems nobody cares if I bug them for certain coins. Now to use my charm and stunning good looks to get them to save the good stuff for me...8-)

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy all the teller tray loose halves and Large dollar coins you might score big.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions