Question for the multiple box per week hunters?

heymirth

Aug 19, 2015
Just North of Detroit
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
ALL banks in my area only accept loose coins. No rolled coins allowed. However, some areas are the exact opposite, and won't accept loose coins.

Also, my area is all but totally dried up of large dollars and half-dollars. They have the newer small dollars, but nothing else. They don't even have a way to count those coins anymore, which totally blew my mind! So I suppose if someone were to bring some in, they would have to accept them as they are still U.S. currency, but they're going to get rid of them as quickly as possible. Seems to have something to do with their new software or something. Seems pretty messed up to me. Anyway, I only do cents now.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Find a bank that has a coin counting machine for your dump bank, or one that takes bagged coins. For your pick up bank, start off ordering one box, then ask if you can get one per week. After a few weeks, ask if you can get 2 per week. I'd recommend not ordering more than 2 per week from the same place, as that is physically difficult for many tellers.

Bottom line: do your homework, start slow, be courteous & show compassion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread