Can't Metal Detect so took up CRH for Winter Fun

MackinawGirl

Jun 10, 2011
Northern Michigan/Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace400, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger, Garrett Waist treasure bag
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because it is winter in Michigan and Utah we can't dirt fish either place I am going crazy. So I saw the CRH thread and read up on it. Got my first rolls and found a 40% immediately, posted it here and that got me hooked. Have gone through about $600.00 worth of halves and about $200.00 in various other coins from different banks, Loomis and CR and have got skunked except for a wheat penny and pulled a bunch of copper from 4 penny rolls I also got. But.....when I talked to one of the tellers and told her I wanted to CRH for a winter hobby and wanted to order a box of $500 in halves, she thought it was a grand idea and ordered them for me. They will be here Tues or Wednesday and I can't wait.
I hope I don't go through a 50 box skunk or I might have to find another hobby.....lol
I am also going to try quarter and penny error and variety hunting. Been reading up on that too.:BangHead: But this is how I feel after reading and watching videos. =) Very confusing and I give lots of credit to those who are intelligent about what to look for.
I will post my finds next week. Heck...I even got a 3.00 camera holder so I can video tape it. Maybe I will get a bunch of Benjies :hello2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
error-ref.com has a bunch of what you need to know, Coneca master list & Lincolncentresource

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh crap another hooked up treasure hunter....:tongue3: I find all types of fun in the winter and this is just one of them.......

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because it is winter in Michigan and Utah we can't dirt fish either place I am going crazy. So I saw the CRH thread and read up on it. Got my first rolls and found a 40% immediately, posted it here and that got me hooked. Have gone through about $600.00 worth of halves and about $200.00 in various other coins from different banks, Loomis and CR and have got skunked except for a wheat penny and pulled a bunch of copper from 4 penny rolls I also got. But.....when I talked to one of the tellers and told her I wanted to CRH for a winter hobby and wanted to order a box of $500 in halves, she thought it was a grand idea and ordered them for me. They will be here Tues or Wednesday and I can't wait.
I hope I don't go through a 50 box skunk or I might have to find another hobby.....lol
I am also going to try quarter and penny error and variety hunting. Been reading up on that too.:BangHead: But this is how I feel after reading and watching videos. =) Very confusing and I give lots of credit to those who are intelligent about what to look for.
I will post my finds next week. Heck...I even got a 3.00 camera holder so I can video tape it. Maybe I will get a bunch of Benjies :hello2:

:hello: Good luck with your box. At the top are some stickies with information about coin roll hunting (crh) that might help. Welcome to this hobby/addiction & TNET. This is a activity that you can do all year round. I do both md & crh, you just have to be able to strike the proper balance.

HH Everyone
Gary

Last edited:

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and if you do not have REDBOOK, git on yer skis and buy one TODAY :laughing7:--ya' gots ta be knowin' whats youse be findin' & what it be worth in cash or money____whichever you prefer :dontknow:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do remember to ask for rolls from the tellers too ,my best scores by far have come from customer wrapped rolls , rather than boxes - though I will do both whenever possible ! Good Luck ! (and never give up )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread