Crazy Good Day with Nickles

heymirth

Aug 19, 2015
Just North of Detroit
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On the way home today I stopped at a BOA for an ordered nickel box. They bring the Lomis box to me and I notice it's all 2016 (thru the holes in the top) and I nicely asked them if they had any other nickel boxes, they said No, but we have like $48 in customer rolls. Okay, I'll take them, you could tel they were from all different people because of the rolls.
Open the very first teal writing roll and a 1945 S War Nickle jumps out along with a 1940. NICE START-- Then I notice that these "teal color rolls (8 of them) have a lot of filler Canadian and some Euro coins as spacers in them.
Next plain blue roll--- 2009 P. Heck Yeah!
A few more rollls of the typical mixed years , a few 1950-57 coins.
With 3 more Teal rolls to go and whammy--- another 2009 P Nickle! Very last teal roll pops out a 1945 P War Nickle but this ones got a "looks like" an Error Planchette Clipped along the top.

Wow-- this is a day to make me come back - I've been on such a poor coin streak.
Check these out.

QUESTION- how do I find out if this 1945P is an actual Error Planchette and are these rare and worth $$?

IMG_1445.JPG
IMG_1446.JPG

Upvote 0

mrogers07

Sep 6, 2015
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hate you. I have found multiple 2009-D's and I need a "P" for my album. LOL

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sell clips at about $3. found them in nickels, cents. google "Blakesley effect" to grasp how a clip alters the coin. of my 500+ war nics, none have a clip. nice catch :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Maybe I'll go undercut him for $8.49. Ha ha jk

Nice idea.

For me, this is exactly the type of thing that I keep aside as a CRH trophy. Not enough value to spend time selling it for what it is worth, but unique enough to probably be a once-in-a-lifetime find.

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
2 2009-Ps in one day... I'm STILL waiting for that to happen... nice finds!

OP
OP
heymirth

heymirth

Aug 19, 2015
Just North of Detroit
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ullyb
2 2009-Ps in one day... I'm STILL waiting for that to happen... nice finds!

I actually gave one of the 2009 Ps to a TNET user who has been on the forum looking for one

PAY IT FORWARD everyone. It was free to me and let's another user finish his book!

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds OP. I, too, went through a long cold streak with nickel boxes but am now coming out of it. I still get skunk boxes regularly but inbetween I will get a box that will produce 2-3 war nickels and the occasional V nickel. Congrats again.

BobTheDigger

Jul 7, 2016
SW PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the nickels. I always found a lot of nickels with the AT Pro, not so much with the Deus. Maybe I should figure them out on the Deus. I like nickels.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the nickels. I always found a lot of nickels with the AT Pro, not so much with the Deus. Maybe I should figure them out on the Deus. I like nickels.

You do realize he found these searching rolls, not detecting?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread