I FOUND MY NEW DUMP BANK! =(

MackinawGirl

Jun 10, 2011
Northern Michigan/Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace400, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger, Garrett Waist treasure bag
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was so upset today. I decided to go to another branch of my bank today to return some coins that I had been searching. I only had around $150.00 to return in various type coins. Part way through counting the machine stopped and said to call for assistance.
When the lady came over she told me that a couple bags were full and she would have to change them.
Right away I said that I wanted to buy any bags inside that were full. She said, "Okay, I will have to go check but I think we do"
Started changing bags and did the pennies first. Through the clear bags I could see wheaties right on the top of the penny bag.
Next bag was quarters, then nickels and then she pulled the halves out and said that was full too.
As she dumped the tray into the bag, I could see a 90% half came out last and landed on top. I think I saw a 40% coin too but not sure.
I told her again that I wanted all the bags as she sealed them.
She came back out with the bank manager whom informed me that they only send their bags to Loomis who verify the coin amounts and then send them back rolled. I told her that I was a account holder there and that I would give them the money right there and then to buy the bags. She said that was not possible since their policy was not to sell the full bags, but send them to Loomis.
I told her that other nearby banks did it, and that I asked at another one of my branches before and they said they would.
She stood her ground and would not let me buy the bags. I even asked if I could buy the handful of coins on top, and she said that they could not unseal them once they were sealed. She said she would sell or order me as many coins as I wanted to buy but they couldn't sell the bags.
I was upset when I left and decided right there and then that I would order as many boxes of coins each week that I was allowed, and they would all be dumped there.
What are they going to do? If they deny me, an account holder, I will let her supervisor know that I am moving all of my money and my IRA to another bank and trust me...they do not want this. I will also be talking to someone over her soon about this policy and why she would not let me do it.
So, my fellow hunters....there is a 90% half on the way to Loomis today, and we even watched them drive into the bank as we were pulling out.....
Happy Hunting!

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there are :censored: -bags out there that will tie up a counter for hours if they can get away with it. when I do dumps that take over 10 minutes and a customer is waiting, I will abort and let them go with their dump_____ except for the MOOK with laundry jugs of qtrs--- he spent 30 minutes and kept pouring in coins, then called his wife to bring more jugs. I not only got in his face---the sign says after 10 minutes---let the next customer in---jerk still kept dumping until I notified staff he was over 40 minutes and refusing to stop. they handled the ###HOLE, and he got a look from me on the way out that would have frightened DRACULA & told him he was an inconsiderate ###HOLE---- think he understood my English language word. as for coin bags___not for sale at my local banks, so I grab any CWR whenever I can. occasionally some morons need to be told "YOU'RE ON MY BLOCK":laughing7:
Mackinaw, I had the same experience with many of my banks as well. None of my local branches will let me buy bags. I thanked them all and don't make a fuss and they even offered to buy boxes for me (they are too far out of the way for a pick up bank). I had signed on with them after seeing that they make a great dump bank. There was and is a guy who orders halves from them on Friday and stands next to the machine and opens the rolls, looks and drops the clad in! What an $%#@@%&! When I met him I didn't say I CRH and just asked him what he was doing. Now when I have too many loose coins or want to take the stress off my dump banks I lug a few buckets to these branches and fill up some bags.Hes friends with the management so they only put up with this from him. They still hem and haw when I dump $500 on them. You need banks on both sides. It is frustrating to see a good lead slip away but that's part of the hobby. I'd ask in another year and see what they say. Policies do change, managers do change etc

OP
OP
MackinawGirl

MackinawGirl

Jun 10, 2011
Northern Michigan/Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace400, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger, Garrett Waist treasure bag
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want everyone know that while in the bank I was very polite, sickly sweet, courteous and respectful. I didn't like their answer, but understand it is their right, but it didn't make me any less mad when I was on the outside. It is a branch of my regular bank. I am always nice to my regular bank and I even brought them treats as suggested.

mrogers07

Sep 6, 2015
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just want everyone know that while in the bank I was very polite, sickly sweet, courteous and respectful. I didn't like their answer, but understand it is their right, but it didn't make me any less mad when I was on the outside. It is a branch of my regular bank. I am always nice to my regular bank and I even brought them treats as suggested.

I am sure you were nice to them. My issue with this whole situation lies with the idea that they need to be a dump bank simply because they followed policy. You win some, you lose some. Part of the game. No need to stress over it.

No matter what, get out there and have fun. Happy hunting! :)

Last edited:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Always low-key and with a smile is the way to do this hobby, so if you are courteous and polite with them then that's great. What's even better is that you got the manager to tell you that they would order as many coins as you like, a pick up bank that will order you as many coins as you like is just as golden as a dump Bank. Also you can ask Banks to order bags of coin for you some and some won't. I get them every now and then, the bags I can tell you from personal experience are very hit-and-miss, more Miss than hit though LOL. Good luck in this Hobby, it will definitely have its frustrating moments we've all had that silver sitting in front of us and not be able to get it you just have to walk away and hope that tomorrow is a better day. H H, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread