Chase stopping all ordering of coins?

xxmrrightxx

Sep 25, 2014
The Central U.S.
Hi everyone,

I went to my main pick up back on Monday to pick up my usual boxes and on my way out the branch manager stopped me to tell me they aren't ordering coins anymore. She went on to explain that all Chase banks will stop ordering coins for non business customers and will be charging the business customers for any coin orders. She also said that with all of people ordering coins, the bank is losing money and that's why they will be stopping all ordering of coins. They wouldn't order any even if I wanted to pay the fee. FYI - The tellers/manager are nice to me and I always pick up on time so I don't believe it's a personal thing, she even said it wasn't lol
First Chase removes the coin machines, now this! :(

Anyways, have any of you heard about this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
YouTube is only part of the reason. This forum also is to blame. It's How I found out about CRH. You have to figure back when silver was $40 an ounce tons of people started CRH and they told people about it and it just snowballed.

Okay, the internet. I won't get into the argument again about how this forum can only be found if you are already inlto coins or treasure hunting of something. If you're just the average Joe Schmo like me who I never heard of it and accidentally found the video of it and now bangs out 28 boxes a week of coins then you would come across this site. HH, Maverick.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you fly low and just do a few assorted boxes a week at any given bank --------------all will be fine. for those who ramp up the volume and order dozens of boxes at 1 bank every week, you become a burden on the couriers, bank staff & corporate, and you will be the one who ruins it for all the rest. then the fees will start ----- so do not be a greedy :censored: :BangHead::BangHead:. same goes for the jerks who tie up a counter with buckets of pennies and sheetrock screws :BangHead: this is my peaceful protest--- no masks, fires or broken windows____just common courtesy :laughing7:

49er4ever44

Feb 9, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
if you fly low and just do a few assorted boxes a week at any given bank --------------all will be fine. for those who ramp up the volume and order dozens of boxes at 1 bank every week, you become a burden on the couriers, bank staff & corporate, and you will be the one who ruins it for all the rest. then the fees will start ----- so do not be a greedy :censored: :BangHead::BangHead:. same goes for the jerks who tie up a counter with buckets of pennies and sheetrock screws :BangHead: this is my peaceful protest--- no masks, fires or broken windows____just common courtesy :laughing7:

Dealing with this in my town now. Called to see if WF had any halves and was drilled with 10 questions about why I want them and if I just plan to search and dump. Some local is messing things up and the tellers are mad! I've never had issues till now. Well I did have my dump bank tell me they weren't accepting loose coins anymore and the next visit they told me I was good till April. Keeping me on my toes I guess.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to order from a Chase branch that I've used for a long time the other day & they said they can't order anymore. Luckily, my main branch said they would. We'll see come Monday...

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chase won't take damaged coins either....
So, if you have screwed-up Zincoln cents, stick them
in amongst good coins, when you roll them up,
and just don't tell them they are there - I made the
mistake and told them the rolls I brought in, that they were
bad, and they told me to send them back east where they were made,
for a refund - but too cost prohibitive, as I had $7.00 in coin, and that weighed
a lot, plus other expenses, not worth doing - stick 'em back into ground,
and some "lucky" detectorist will think they got a "valuable" cache ...! =\

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and they told me to send them back east where they were made

A few months ago I sold on ebay all my absolutly completly cruddy lincolns. I didn't count them but it was probably more than $8-10 face. I showed great pictures of them and they sold pretty fast. I think I even made a few bucks on the sale.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few months ago I sold on ebay all my absolutly completly cruddy lincolns. I didn't count them but it was probably more than $8-10 face. I showed great pictures of them and they sold pretty fast. I think I even made a few bucks on the sale.

The buyer is probably gonna try to sell them as errors!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread