Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Earlier this morning I posted a thread about re-rolling centers possibly culling silver halfs- then about an hour ago I picked up 10 rolls of Loomis "green gold " wrapped half dollars and ....yup there was a1967 Ken. Which completely trashed my theory that these particular rolls were being culled . Interesting -

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone keeps bringing that up, but I don't believe it happens.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL. Speak and you shall receive.

I know that another member of this forum (Liu something...geez the mind is the first thing to go isn't it) was gracious enough to post his experiences while he worked for a processing center. I believe the topic of culling was brought up in one of his threads and he mentioned that he did not see that happening. Actually if I recall correctly the only culling that was happening was good ole Liu stacking some of the boxes he made to the benefit of some crher's out there lucky enough to receive them. Now if I could only find that thread....what was I saying again? :P

-TwoYewts

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL. Speak and you shall receive.

I know that another member of this forum (Liu something...geez the mind is the first thing to go isn't it) was gracious enough to post his experiences while he worked for a processing center. I believe the topic of culling was brought up in one of his threads and he mentioned that he did not see that happening. Actually if I recall correctly the only culling that was happening was good ole Liu stacking some of the boxes he made to the benefit of some crher's out there lucky enough to receive them. Now if I could only find that thread....what was I saying again? :P

-TwoYewts

hey hey, just because it does not happen at Long Island City, NY. DOes not mean it does not happen at Tempe, AZ.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Liu! Ha, I knew I was close, just couldn't remember the numbers. Thanks for chiming in. Your point is very true. But, was that company policy or just simply that no one did it?

Ignore, my question above...just saw your answer in the other post.

Last edited:

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Liu! Ha, I knew I was close, just couldn't remember the numbers. Thanks for chiming in. Your point is very true. But, was that company policy or just simply that no one did it?

Ignore, my question above...just saw your answer in the other post.

I think it has to do with company policy. The facility I worked at, is basically ran by Garda. Coin Wrap is allotted about 60x70ft area between Garda's coin storage, and coin processing. Basically (Coin Storage)<--(Coin Wrap)<--(Coin counting/weighting or Roll cracking), all done in an area you can throw a rock from one end of the building to the other. We operated under Garda's policy, and is pretty much under Garda's oversight. If Coin Wrap worked out of a building by its self, like the one my shift super told me. Then policies might be different, I know for a fact that Charlotte, NC, has a Coin Wrap independently ran building. So if anyone can report what their findings are like from around Charlotte, we will have our answer.

If you're talking about employees culling silver for personal gain, then No it cant happen, as Garda's policy states no one can bring coins out of the work area. the facility i worked at, Garda employees wand us when we leave the work area, and again when we went the office/locker area. So unless you got the connection, you aint culling silver for yourself.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread