Adventures of Coin Roll Hunting - #1

Monstarules

Mar 1, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mosey on down to the bank, my local Wells Fargo, and ask for a small amount of dimes, only $200 worth. I open my first roll and see 2 "silver" coins! Shaking with anticipation I extract an English 5 pence and Canadian dime. Cue my deflated feelings, but at least I know that these were customer rolled, or not sorted through. The very next roll, a mis-strike dime falls out!
JOd3W7A.png

Feeling better I open the next rolls, and breeze through 4 right straight from the Philidelphia mint, full of shiny nice and new dimes. Getting worried, I open the next roll... and the glint of silver strikes my eyes. Expecting another Canadian coin, I take a closer look at the reeding, and my heart begins to race. It's actually silver! A nice '54 Rosie.
1zEZ4Fc.png

Not bad for my first batch of dimes :D

Attachments

• 1zEZ4Fc.png
    1zEZ4Fc.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Upvote 0

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the Canadian dimes don't stick to a magnet, they are silver. Any pre "68, and some "68's have silver.

OP
OP
Monstarules

Monstarules

Mar 1, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep I already checked! It's a 74 :D I'm headed out MD'ing the next 2 days, I'll post my finds in that forum

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only way to know they are customer wrapped is if they are in customer wrappers. I take it they weren't machine wrapped?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread