Mar 15, 2017
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gN1bvU5.jpg
[/IMG]

Just picked up my first two half boxes this morning. Couldn't wait until I got home to look at the ends! Pretty pumped to get home and open them up!

Upvote 0

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Now that automatically should put a big smile on your face, it sure does mine!! Hope you find a bunch in that box.

OP
OP
rcs

rcs

Mar 15, 2017
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
m6zynFt.jpg
[/IMG]
g4uEr7f.jpg
[/IMG]

I definitely got lucky on my first boxes! The first box had 2- 40%, 2-1972 s proofs, & a 1945 Walker. Can you all check the pic out and let me know what you think about the walker? Did someone polish it or dip it?

The second box that had the enders was awesome. It had 43- 40%!

I know that I was fortunate and it will not always be like this. Super pumped though!

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
The only two certainties in life are death and taxes.
Primary Interest:
Other
That walker has been polished or plated or something. Numismatically, it is ruined, but who wouldn't take a free $6.50 of silver? After a haul like that, I bet you are hooked! HH!:headbang:

Silver_Coin_Newb

Mar 6, 2017
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace400

Garrett AT Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice I've been hooked ever since my first hunt at a local bank which produced 48-40% and 1-90%. All from 8 customer rolls! It was a high like no other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
rcs

rcs

Mar 15, 2017
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went through a box of nickels I got as well and found my first two war nickels. It's been a good few days.

Also, can't understate how lucky I am with my bank situation. Went yesterday and picked up two boxes of halves, two boxes of cents, and a box of nickels. When I got there, the CSM had bags already made up for me to put them all in and bring back! Seems like a rarity from things I have read on here.

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
The Walker definitely looks polished to me. Still a nice find, someone might like it for use in jewelry if you ever sell it :icon_thumleft:

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Went yesterday and picked up two boxes of halves, two boxes of cents, and a box of nickels. When I got there, the CSM had bags already made up for me to put them all in and bring back!

Strongly recommend you use them as either a pick up bank or a dump bank, but not both. If the CSM is willing to let you dump, I'd do just that, and pick up somewhere else. Even though she may let you do this now, I can guarantee this will eventually get you in trouble.

OP
OP
rcs

rcs

Mar 15, 2017
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strongly recommend you use them as either a pick up bank or a dump bank, but not both. If the CSM is willing to let you dump, I'd do just that, and pick up somewhere else. Even though she may let you do this now, I can guarantee this will eventually get you in trouble.

I definitely don't want to make anyone mad. I guess I just thought it was ok since I didn't request it and she offered. I will definitely be wary though and look at other options. Don't want to mess anything up. Thanks for the advice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions