Skunk Boxes Halves

gravityrules

Feb 20, 2012
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Fisher F5, Fisher 1265-X, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 boxes today, all MWR, both boxes were skunks.
Lots of marked coins.
I sure would like to find silver in these machine wrapped rolls and disprove the 'filtered at the distribution center' theory ...

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dr.Silver: your not the only one getting skunks on halves, cuz I'm getting a big family of skunks in my dime boxes I've been getting lately, zilch, nadda, zippo.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skunks are more common than silver. If half your boxes have silver you're good. As for the second poster, there are marked coins in almost every box. Doesn't mean they've all been searched.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there is a tendency to want to establish predictable patterns - for example : " if I search X number of boxes of (fill in the blank) I should find X number of silvers " this is a false premise ,as it neglects the dominant factor- namely the random element ! There is no way of predicting when and where the " unknowing and (or) uncaring will put silver (for example) back into circulation . There also is no way to ascertain how often re- rolling centers are culling silvers . All of this to say- do what you can ,when you can -as long as you enjoy it ! You can't take it with you ,and "where your heart is , there your treasure is also ".

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I recently opened up 10 boxes of halve dollars and half of the boxes were skunk. What is your rate of skunks boxes when opening halves?
I haven't searched a box of halves in a few years, but it used to be about 10 skunks out of 10.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions