diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week I worked in Cuba, er I mean Miami. After getting a Colada and a Guava pastry for breakfast, I received a 1969 $10 bill back at a restaurant/gas station. Later I got a 1957 $1 silver certificate at a Subway in my change at lunch. Last but not least was the 1960 silver Canadian quarter that I got on my way home from yet another gas station after getting a Mt. Dew. This was all in the same day. Last weekend I got a Merc dime from a Winn Dixie. Not a normal week for sure.

noowbie

Greenie
Dec 26, 2009
Perhaps Cubans were hording older US & Canadian currency until they could get to US to spend it?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps Cubans were hording older US & Canadian currency until they could get to US to spend it?
The Cuban thing was kind of an off color joke, they aren't the only ones in Dade county that don't speak English. To the contrary, most of them speak English. Every language known to man is spoken down there. Some people call it a melting pot, I call it a cesspool, mmm (spoken in my best Billy Bob Thornton voice from the movie Slingblade, lol). I think the international population that lives in Dade just doesn't care, pay attention or know anything about older US currency. The Canadian coins are common down here as there are tens of thousands of Canadians down every winter. I may have to stop in the bank down there next week when I go back, see what kind of CWR's I can get.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread