Other
Upvote 0

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I just keep finding the silver and making piles. I think if the market was moving up I would probably sell some and buy something I can drive. For now I just keep making piles!! Since most of all I have was found at face value I'm way ahead already.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was collecting or stacking, I'd keep doing it. We are getting more and more into debt and the current global economy as well as the outlook of the new administration isn't positive.

If China keeps slowing down we're going to see a global slump. The government can't prop it up forever.

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
The only two certainties in life are death and taxes.
Primary Interest:
Other
The U.S. market is way overvalued... look at the numbers. The P/E of the S&P 500 is currently 25 and rising- it should be 15. Donald Trump's quasi-realistic tax cuts (let's face it) that investors have been counting on will not happen in the foreseeable future. These sound like the ingredients for a bubble, which will burst as soon as people start taking profits. And while Trump's policies on trade agreements may benefit domestic labor they would also hurt Asian countries like China and India, causing industrial commodities to drop in value but precious metals to rise. Let's all get ready for the ride by hitting the banks extra hard!:hello2::hello2::hello2:

Last edited:

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The current administration is fine.

Bungled healthcare reform
Pulling out of Paris Agreement
Potentially repealing Dodd Frank
Antagonism of other large economies (Germany, China)

It could get pretty bumpy economically.

Plus the sustained job growth under Obama (with some of that being underemployment) can't last forever. No matter who is still in office eventually it would slow down, and there's not many tools left for the Fed to use at this point.

The statistics on car loans is frightening too. Personal debt is creeping back into that realm pre-2008.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't realize my personal debt ever left that level. Thanks for the heads up

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pulling out of the Paris accord saves us 3 trillion. Dodd Frank is one of the reasons the housing bubble burst. It should be repealed. How many more times does Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have to be bailed out? But we better stop talking politics before a mod scolds us.

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
The only two certainties in life are death and taxes.
Primary Interest:
Other
Bungled healthcare reform
Pulling out of Paris Agreement
Potentially repealing Dodd Frank
Antagonism of other large economies (Germany, China)

It could get pretty bumpy economically.

Plus the sustained job growth under Obama (with some of that being underemployment) can't last forever. No matter who is still in office eventually it would slow down, and there's not many tools left for the Fed to use at this point.

The statistics on car loans is frightening too. Personal debt is creeping back into that realm pre-2008.

You are forgetting about the huge $20 trillion debt that will take a whole generation to conceivably pay off. Don't let them fool you; our country has already gone down the tubes.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The current administration is fine.

Fine is an understatement. We narrowly avoided economic disaster by the outcome of the election.
That Paris Accord is just one example - it was/is a disaster/joke.
I can't believe anyone with a microgram of common sense could support it - regardless of what your political beliefs are. It is completely unfair to the United States and would make no significant improvement in global climate change. Don't get me wrong: I care about the environment as much as anyone else. But you can't handicap the economic progress of the world by imposing environmental restrictions on everyone (really just the US since no one else would be accountable enough to follow any of the Accord's mandates) that will result in no improvements.
As for its effect on silver prices - no one can predict what will happen. You'd think that the price would've tanked with the increase in the stock market but that didn't happen. I learned my lesson when the price went from almost $40 to $30 to $20 and to where it is today. I luckily sold most of my stack when it was around $26. Now I sell it as I find it. My luck would bring it to $5/once if I held on to it.
The best thing you can do to protect yourself financially is to avoid bad debt and live within your means.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck, even Al Gore himself said it wouldn't help. But he also said fish were swimming in the streets of Miami!

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I've heard there is really nothing in the way of silver mining going on at this time and the use of silver as a conductor in electronics is on the rise so I've been buying!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread