Paid the CRH Tax For These

WheatFromChaff

Jun 19, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My pick-up bank forgot to place my order for halves last week, so I decided to try some dimes instead. Initially I was just going to grab $500, but the teller happened to have out $1000 in CWR that she was just about to unwrap and bag up, so I bought them all. Glad I did, because I snagged these seven goodies, including my first Merc and my first silver dime ender:

1x 41D, 1x 56, 1x 58, 1x 61, and 3x 64D
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1501002702.711618.jpg

One of the 64Ds has a noticeable die crack on the reverse from the oak leaves through the C in AMERICA to the rim
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1501003801.581396.jpg

However, not all was beer and skittles. It was all cwr, and I am used to getting occasionally shorted a coin or two, or having foreign coins substituted in, and I accept that as part of the hobby. Even when I get 9 Canadian dimes, 2 5-pence pieces, and 5 pennies instead of the 16 dimes that should've been there:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1501002962.243142.jpg

But this really takes the cake right here
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1501003091.196054.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1501003112.810898.jpg

A solid roll of pennies. I think what pisses me off is not so much that I lost at least $4.50 here (plus the other $1.60 from other rolls), but that someone really took the time to squeeze all those pennies into a dime wrapper, because it's sized for dimes, and you actually have to put some effort into it to force pennies down that tube.

We've had a few morality/ethics threads on TNet recently that lead me to believe I'm preaching to the choir, but please, don't be that individual who stiffs others with junk in rolls.

HH All

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I see why they miss it so easily. When I turn in my boxes to the bank after searching they don't even open the boxes. They toss it on a counter, deposit the total in my account and that's it. There's no counting our checking rolls at all. The only number that matters is the total deposit they credit me with and that the digits are entered correctly.

A friend of mine at another bank said they never really check anything like that and if entire boxes came up missing no one would ever notice. Most of the money in the world is digitized and millions pass by every second of the day. A box of clad worthless half dollars don't mean squat and no one really cares.
The missing currency would never be noticed at all and it has no real value besides maybe $5 melt. They don't keep track of anything like that and they have no idea how much money is even out there to begin with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread