port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
40 rolls searched with a few Eagle & State errors

BUT

some fool did this to 80 coins. every roll has a least one hacked coin. the last 10 rolls will be more of the same

IMG_6065.JPG IMG_6066.JPG IMG_6067.JPG

this :censored: :censored: :censored: :angry4: :cussing: :angry5: needs a SEVERE :censored:-kickin' :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Upvote 0

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
did that :censored: mess them
for fun

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
They have the same look as the coins I pull out of the ground when I go metal detecting and find coins. They turn a dark muddy color.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Looks just like the coins that come out of a tumbler. Be thankful, you are not down by me. I don't even bother cleaning them. Sand concretion, shells adhering to the surface, stubborn dirt, it is all fine with me. I don't care if screws up Brinks/Loomis machines. Not my problem. If it fits in a roll, that is where my responsibility ends. It is up to the member institution to determine the fitness of the coin and currency. You should see the rotten zincolns that I send back. Even a partial bit of a cent gets rolled.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, they look like tumbled quarters. I have seen that look when too much vinegar or lemon juice is added to the contents of a tumbler and left too long to tumble. When adding an acid to a tumbler the max you want to tumble is for 20 mins or less. Much longer and the coins come out looking like what you have there or worse. You should see what happens when that is done to pennies...not pleasant!

TwoYewts

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
this :censored: :censored: :censored: :angry4: :cussing: :angry5: needs a SEVERE :censored:-kickin'

I say kick his ask anyhow! Acid, dug,.....who cares. If he doesn't deserve it for this he probably got one coming for something else! Go Get 'im! I'm jokin'!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread