All you have to do, IS JUST ASK.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Stopped at one of my frequented gas stations for gas & beverage. When checking out at register, I always ask, "Do you have any big IKE dollars or half dollars". Usually the answer is NO. But today, clerk checks his register drawer and says "I have only one". I'll take it. Couldn't help myself when I saw the glisten of white silver. It was a very clean '64 Ken. Made the beginning of my day rewarding.

Upvote 0

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ask everywhere I go. Its just another avenue to try to accumulate some of those nice silver coins. Congrats on your find.

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
Stopped at one of my frequented gas stations for gas & beverage. When checking out at register, I always ask, "Do you have any big IKE dollars or half dollars". Usually the answer is NO. But today, clerk checks his register drawer and says "I have only one". I'll take it. Couldn't help myself when I saw the glisten of white silver. It was a very clean '64 Ken. Made the beginning of my day rewarding.

I often embarrass my wife (and or kids) by asking clerks and strangers, 1: if they are military veterans. If so, I say "Thanks". 2: "Do you have any old U.S. coins that you don't know the value of?"
If so, I offer to give an appraisal (what a dealer might pay) for the coins. I am not a dealer but I've been into coins since the late 1960s and get a monthly price list. If it's just a few coins, I won't charge anything. But if it is a lot of coins, I will charge $15 per hour..Far less than a dealer. Often I will make an offer on any extra wheaties. But if the person wants to sell it all, I will recommend dealers in our area that I trust. Sometimes I even accompany them and point out some of the best and better coins in order to get the best price for them. It's my hobby and love to ask about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread