Garda Box Numbers

OldColdRoll

Aug 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of my recent half boxes have 4 digit numbers that are marked on them.

I've seen just three different 4-digit numbers over the last 3-4 months. Are these 4 digit numbers batch numbers (all of the boxes with the same number went through the hopper together) or are they the processing center the coins went through or what exactly?

The numbers don't appear to be obvious dates.

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I think this was answered a few years ago, but I believe it is the employee's number of who packed/inspected the box. That's why you might see the same number for weeks at a time.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think this was answered a few years ago, but I believe it is the employee's number of who packed/inspected the box. That's why you might see the same number for weeks at a time.

Dozer D is correct. Its the employee number of who packed the box. One of the forum members worked for a processing center and revealed this info to us. :)

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeppers, and of late my boxes are coming blank again... I liked the numbers because I could tell the boxes that were ordered to the same branch on Monday came from a different facility than Weds order. Now the staff has turned over and I can't get an order on a specific day but Mon was a good facility and Weds was less productive. Now I just take what they get me and am happy I can still get boxes.

OP
OP
O

OldColdRoll

Aug 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I've gotten 17 in a row with the same number over the course of several months, before that was 23 in a row with a different number. There seems to be a high correlation on all the boxes with the same # coming from the same batch. e.g. Same concentration of 40's and 90's. Also same type of scores with same # (Walkers and Benji's). I'm leaning toward it actually being a batch number.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread