Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a while since I've been able to sit down and do a coin roll hunt. This week, I decided to pick up a box of pennies to ease myself back into it, and I was not disappointed!

Screenshot (257).png IMG_4109.JPG

27 wheats in total, including a peculiar 1958-D. The reason I say this is because the mintmark appears to be further to the left than normal and slightly rotated. Unfortunately, I don't have my loop with me so this is as good of a picture as I was able to get of it. Is this something worth looking into? Let me know what you think.

Here is the video for those that are interested. This was a really fun hunt, thanks for checking it out!

Upvote 0

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet video

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
In 1958, mint marks were applied to final working dies by the individual mints. Since they were manually stamped in the dies, quite a lot of variation in boldness and positioning exists.

Also, your images appear blurred on both my phone and computer, so there is no way I can make a judgement on your particular coin.

Time for more coffee.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not over the plate-- high inside pitch
:dontknow: if it's in "spec", but good catch, wait for Huntsman to make the call :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, your images appear blurred on both my phone and computer, so there is no way I can make a judgement on your particular coin.

huh...they're not showing up blurry to me. But yes, that is what I've read about mint marks during that time.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quin
Great video. Thanks for sharing

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unless its an RPM, I don't believe there would be a premium; but, I'll let the more seasoned veterans chime in on their thoughts. Good hunt though! :)

-TwoYewts

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless its an RPM, I don't believe there would be a premium; but, I'll let the more seasoned veterans chime in on their thoughts. Good hunt though! :)

-TwoYewts

Wexler's Coins and Die Varieties

This site was suggested to me by someone in the CRH subreddit on reddit. If you scroll down, there are a couple of different varieties that may fit the description. Can't say anything for sure until I get my dang loupe back from my brother! Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread