Coinlok bags

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
So as I noted in a previous post, my main dump bank removed all coin counters, supposedly nationwide. A pity, as I had spent the last 5 years building up relationships with the tellers and managers, and was dumping over $3k per week. Just before the machines were finally taken out, I started shopping around for a new dump bank. While there are a few other banks here that have coin counting machines, they either don't take half dollars or they charge a fee.

After much research, I found a bank that will take bags of coins. Even better, they credit my account instantly, or even give me cash when swapping out bags, although of course they state that the count must be accurate and they reserve the right to discontinue instant credit if the count is off more than once. I have been fastidious about making sure it is exactly correct each time, and so far no problems. This has saved me a considerable amount of time dumping, and has allowed me to in theory increase the quantity I search, though I haven't pulled that trigger just yet.

The only drawback is that I have to purchase the bags. I have an account at another bank where they supply the bags, but don't give me instant credit, and they frequently miscount the bags. I much prefer to keep using the new bank, but the cheapest I've found Coinlok or similarly approved bags for is about $0.50 each; searching 6 boxes a week, that's $3/week I'm paying in bag/dump fees. Even worse, despite the bags holding $1,000 the banks have insisted that I put no more than $500 per bag, otherwise they're too heavy.

So my question is: does anyone have advice on where to get Coinlok or similar bags?

Upvote 0

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the same problem, and my dump bank told me to start buying the bags on my own. They gave me the number of Deluxe, which is 800-deluxe1. I haven't called, but you can find the bags on the internet. Just google self locking coin bags. Cheapest is about 32 cents each.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the BofA gray canvas pouch will hold a box of qtrs or halves. I got 3 as a customer--- just ask!!

Coinlok bags are at my CU--- free, again----- just ask!!! :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread