Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently, my brother and I did a coin roll hunting nickels competition hunt and we had a pretty interesting outcome...

There were a lot of great coins found, including this nice buffalo and one of the coolest toned coins I've ever seen. Unfortunately, toning isn't part of our scoring system.

tone.png buff.png

Now, you would think that getting a buffalo nickel would ensure the win, right? Think again...the score was very close towards the end, despite the buffalo being found. If you want to know exactly what happens, check out the video! Thanks for watching and happy hunting!

Upvote 0

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score Quin . I had one of the best nickel boxes a couple days ago. 6 slicked buffalos and 2 war nickels.

DimebagDon

Nov 18, 2016
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are still your best videos. The competition hunts are my favorites. I had a pretty great nickel hunt myself not so long ago. Check out my nickels and dimes post here on the forum.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score Quin . I had one of the best nickel boxes a couple days ago. 6 slicked buffalos and 2 war nickels.

That's a great box! What's your stance on nic-a-date? Would you use it to get the dates off the slick buffalos?

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are still your best videos. The competition hunts are my favorites. I had a pretty great nickel hunt myself not so long ago. Check out my nickels and dimes post here on the forum.

Thanks, I'm glad you like them! Also, you had some amazing scores!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
great video the other day i found a 1953 s nickel

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking of getting some nic a date. I have quite a few slicked out buffalos. I guess it can't make them any worse than they are now .

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking of getting some nic a date. I have quite a few slicked out buffalos. I guess it can't make them any worse than they are now .

That's typically the way I see it too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread