Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a $5 star note.

Been around almost as long as I have. I think it may be in much better shape than I am though. I've looked online for info but what I've found doesn't go back to 1969.

I've already Googled it.

Anyone got a suggestion for where I should look next?...I'll post it on the paper currency forum next. 5 017.JPG 5 016.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Greastart

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Series of 1969 Kansas City issuing bank; Star bill;
3,192,000 quantity printed; about $10 in UF-20
Don.........

Don, You're amazing. So...my guess is you have a life passion for all the stuff you're always sharing with us. Where should a newb begin learning? Thanks for your insight.

OP
OP
Greastart

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
What subject do you wish to learn? Don......

Not sure, really. One of the many jobs I've had was working as a pharmacy tech. The pharmacist I worked with the most told me once that there was no way anyone could learn and remember everything there is in relation to drugs, how they work, and their interactions with other drugs. The important thing he said was knowing and remembering "where to look to readily find the answers."

This forum has been that knowledge vault for me.

Though guys like you, Frank, Enamel, and Port Ewan Ace, to name a few, always seem to have an accurate answer, it would be fun to have some reference guides to turn to. The internet is good but I'm a pages guy.

Guess the short answer would be what beginners books would you recommend for a newb? One for US coins and one for US currency?

OP
OP
Greastart

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest: