Now what?

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
For over two years I have been picking up boxes from a bank that gets their coins from Brinks. I dump at banks that use Loomis.
I do about 6 boxes a week. Brinks was doing good until about 6 months ago. Since then way more skunk streaks than ever. Every once in a while I will find a few and I had one good box of 89 silver in January. I am on a 12 box skunk streak. Today I was dumping a few boxes and the teller tells me that she ordered a box for someone and they did not come back for it and do I want it. I bought it and when I opened it I see silver enders.
6 enders with a total of (17) 40%
(2) 1964 (1) Ben (1) WL
Not a great box but best box since Jan 13th.
Do I switch up my pick up and dump banks or just order some more from that bank and see?
I love seeing a Kennedy reverse ender with a D mint mark.
20180327_211811.jpg 20180327_212030.jpg 20180327_230904.jpg

Upvote 0

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Don't know what to tell you. You lost me when you said 20 silvers was not a great box...

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Seriously, if you've got a surplus of dump banks (not just branches of the same bank), stop dumping there and start ordering.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I would start ordering there.

I'd do 50/50 Brinks/Loomis for a little while and see which one avergaes better and then make the switch or stay with Brinks depending.

I pick up from as many different companies as possible. The bulk of my orders come from Garda, but I also pick up Brinks, Loomis, Dunbar, and a small regional company called Shields.

yankeesfan4life

May 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, if it's not a great box, keep ordering from your normal pickup bank and see if you can get 100 silvers in one box from there. Otherwise, order some more from the new bank and compare with the other one.

Poor Mans Gold

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My "coin attitude" is, if I find one silver coin, that's one more than the week before. I now only get three boxes of halves. The other bank that ordered my two boxes of halves, four boxes of dimes, two boxes of nickels and eight boxes of cents a week cut me off 3 weeks ago. I'm now doing a lot more CWR's and finding silver. It's still out there at "face value".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions