Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
2nd IHP!

Back story: so, I've been cycling through 3 branches of my bank. Coins are taken Tuesday evening from the main branch, so I make sure to hit each branch once a week at most. Hit the furthest branch today, and with an impending snowstorm, I got 2 bags to give me something to do with my time. Searching the first bag, and was becoming rather worried/discouraged. I was finding NOTHING. Literally, NOTHING. Halfway through the bag I have no wheats (average 16), no canadians (average 15), no 2009s (usually get 30), and no S mint marks: all the ones I pull. I'm becoming increasingly worried that I managed to get a bag I had searched already, even though I hadn't been to this branch in over a week. I knew each bag I've exchanged filled the previous bag, so figured at worst, I'd have to go through half the bag to find something, so I keep going. 3/4 through and still absolutely NOTHING. Finally, I find a 51d wheat, and then a 2009. And then I pulled this:
1890 IHP obv.jpg 1890 IHP rev.jpg 1890 IHP.jpg

Happy Birthday to me (literally, was hoping against hope I'd find one today just for the poetic justice, but didn't have my hopes up, figured I blew all my luck on my previous 1888 in my first 4 rolls searched). Needless to say, that made my day. Didn't care at all about anything else, was ecstatic. I've searched through probably 40,000 cents now, and have managed to find 2 IHPs...Least I'm lucky at this.

Last handful also turned up this Die chip.jpg
Thinking maybe a cracked die or something? The other side has no damage, a decent 2004 besides that. But yeah, can't wait to hunt the 2nd bag tomorrow, but figured I'd share this today. Best of luck hunting everyone!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the second Indian! Reading your post it sounds like you're picking up where you dump. That isn't recommended. It can lead to you being cut off.

OP
OP
R

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Great job on the second Indian! Reading your post it sounds like you're picking up where you dump. That isn't recommended. It can lead to you being cut off.

Yeah, I definitely have to look into the 2nd bank account. Thus far everyone at the banks have been very cool with me, so I've been very fortunate with that, but could see my routine getting tiring for them. Living in a small town has its downside, as we really only have the 2 banks...

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice photo of the '04 die crack.

Looks like a die chip in the curve of the 'C' and a crack passing through. It looks a bit like PMD has clobbered that area and somewhat fouled the chip.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Is there another bank that you can dump at, so as not to fill your own bags and then buying? I use to do the same thing at a bank branch, until I started buying their bags, now I only buy their bags and dump elsewhere.

OP
OP
R

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Is there another bank that you can dump at, so as not to fill your own bags and then buying? I use to do the same thing at a bank branch, until I started buying their bags, now I only buy their bags and dump elsewhere.

Yeah, theres 2 different banking businesses in town, I have my account with 1 that has branches around here as well. I currently cycle through the branches, but may eventually open an account at the other one, buy coins from them, and dump in my actual account... Was just hoping to avoid the hassle of having a 2nd bank account and all that, but seems if I get much deeper into this that'll be the only way to go. Hoping that, since I'm in a small town, as long as I can maintain positive relations with the people at the bank, I'll be in luck, but can see how this could get tiresome for them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions