I guess they do exist!

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I have a very simple goal of finding a complete set of 40% Kennedy's. I have all the circulation issues (obviously), and multiples of the '70-D, '70-S, '76-S silver BU and PF releases but I've been unable to land a '68 or '69 proof. Well today I'm proud to say I found a '68-S in one of my 2 boxes (along w/ 4 other 40%ers). It's not an earth shaking find, but I'm now only 1 away from the complete set. Woo Hoo!

Upvote 0

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the proof. It's just a matter of time until the last one you need shows up.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never found the '68 or '69 either. Hang in there

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the 68-S Proof! :icon_thumleft:

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I disagree. I think it's

The Singe Greatest Coin Roll Hunting Discovery Ever!

Of course, the bar is pretty low now...

Here is the actual title of the post:
post.png

You intentionally left off the "Caught on Camera" portion of the title. You are fully aware that "Greatest CRH Discovery Ever" is vastly different from "Greatest CRH Discovery Ever Caught on Camera." And you accuse me of misrepresentation...

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Quinny, don't take it so personal. Look, you hyped up your thread to get some extra exposure for your YouTube channel and the guys are razzing you a little for it. Just chalk this round up as a loss, learn from it, and keep producing vids like you know how to. There's no argument to be won here. I watched most of your video - not bad!

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quinny, don't take it so personal. Look, you hyped up your thread to get some extra exposure for your YouTube channel and the guys are razzing you a little for it. Just chalk this round up as a loss, learn from it, and keep producing vids like you know how to. There's no argument to be won here. I watched most of your video - not bad!

I hear ya Sleepy Holow. No point in getting too caught up in Internet arguments. This was particularly disappointing though because I took FormerTeller to be an honest user- we had some good debates in the past. This is just foul play.

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a very simple goal of finding a complete set of 40% Kennedy's. I have all the circulation issues (obviously), and multiples of the '70-D, '70-S, '76-S silver BU and PF releases but I've been unable to land a '68 or '69 proof. Well today I'm proud to say I found a '68-S in one of my 2 boxes (along w/ 4 other 40%ers). It's not an earth shaking find, but I'm now only 1 away from the complete set. Woo Hoo!

Sorry for hijacking the thread man. Those are some incredible finds- I hadn’t heard of anyone ever finding a 70-S before. I’m curious- are you including the SMS coins in your set? I haven’t done much with halves but I was able to find an SMS ‘67 in the 15 or so boxes I’ve searched. Definitely my coolest half dollar find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread