When you least expect it, IT FILLS UP !!!!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Was doing my dime bank run this morning, dumping & buying. Running out of time, was only able to buy 2-boxes of dimes. Had to go home to pick up wife & go to breakfast. While driving around with the wife in the car, one of the two branch banks that sells me bags calls me and says that the HALF DOLLAR BAG has filled up and they will hold it for me til next week. I said that I'll be over in 15-minutes (since I wasn't able to buy all the dimes I was hoping for), had the cash available. Wife happen to overhear the phone conversation, and after hanging up she said that she was in the same bank the other day, and heard that an elderly older woman had brought in a lot of big older coins to get immediate cash. When she told me that my JAW DROPPED, with the expectations of finding a big coin BIG SILVER DUMP. The last time I had bought a HALF bag off that machine was back in Jan-2017, and just recently 3-4 weeks ago while getting a dime bag off same machine, happen to see the content level of the half bag as only about $200. So all of a sudden the bag gets filled? How strange! Could this elderly woman have dumped some BIG SILVER? Could this finally be my Dream Bag come true. Does this begin to sound like an up coming OAK ISLAND EPISODE? Is there big silver in this instantly filled half bag? Will DozerD get his DREAM BAG, even though he has never even gotten a solid silver roll, anywhere?
Picked up the half bag, but was unable to glance at it for now. BUT, I will post what comes of all this. Crossing my fingers on this one. Wish me luck, DozerD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Good luck. You didn't bother asking for large dollars with the tellers? The smaller denominations would go through the counter, but the large dollars would be turned into the the tellers for cash. Too late for today, but you might get lucky if you ask on Monday morning.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Diver: good point, never thought about the LARGE $ coins, i.e. IKEs, Morgan's, peace.
Will try Monday. Tks

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask for those big dollars if they come up they go quick. I snatched a load of 40 percent halves but the guy behind my dumper had bought $300 big dollars as soon as they hit the counter. I guess he saw something he liked. I got $360 in 40 percent but missed the " dirty looking" quarters that had gone to some lucky business. Almost got it all but was a day late. They get the best I get the rest

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sure hope you get a "ton" of silver! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
SORRY GUYS. I got duped on this bag. The bag I was expecting was dated back to Jan-2017 when I topped off and bought the last bag. I was expecting this to be the bag I was picking up. Didn't bother to look at the date now, just assuming. Got home with the bag, it was dated 3-31-2018. I figure that there was a big dumper that came in with a load of halves, topped off the Jan 2017, bought that, checked them, and brought more halves that filled the 3/31 bag. Probably the same guy. My fault, I should have checked first. NOT A ONE SILVER, not even a 40%, or NIFC. Guess I'll stick to dimes.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Well, you should at least follow-up with the tellers on Monday for the big dollars based on your wife's intel. Sucks that you missed out on the other bag, but perseverance is the name of the game. Since you are dime guy, it might be worthwhile to top off their dime bag and buy it back in the event that some of the coins that the older lady was dumping were dimes. The half hunter likely had their blinders on and only stuck to their denomination of choice.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Diver: good point, will do if I can get there this week.
Tues: went back to bank, nobody recalls the circumstances, but I should be seeing another dime bag at the end of week, they will save it for me, I HOPE.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread