Half Dollar Jag 6-13-18

sugarcreek

Mar 28, 2016
S.C. by way of Va,Co,Pa,Fl, etc and YOUR Realtor.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Fisher F75LTD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am into my 2nd Jag on half dollars. I did 6 or 8 boxes 3 years ago and only found (2)40% coins and a 1976 PROOF. Maybe a Franklin if I remember....

Kind of a Bust.

I have had Two of Eight boxes this Jag yield like 16 and 11 silvers, maybe (5) 90%, enough to make me want to keep going, along with a (P)rocery Jag.

Today, boxes 9-12, and I hit some success on 3 of 4 boxes as pictured in groups. MANY proofs, a couple NICE, and I set them aside.

Not sure what they are worth. HOWEVER, I found in the one box (1) Franklin and MY FIRST WALKING LIBERTY while CRH, a worn 1936. Very cool.

Also a 67, 68, and 69 so (5) Silvers in the 3 of 4 boxes as pictured....

6-13-18 4 boxes.jpg 6-13-18 finds.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

sugarcreek

Mar 28, 2016
S.C. by way of Va,Co,Pa,Fl, etc and YOUR Realtor.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Fisher F75LTD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the silver on the Bible.

I Do Too... I once traveled in a third world country on 3 occasions and stayed with a "Christian" family and the Patriarch once said, "I would never set a Bible on the floor, for it should never be Set So Low", and that has stuck with me. Nice catch.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is basically no value in selling proof coins unless you stumble on to the right person. I probably still have a few hundred that I just can't throw back to the wild. Selling individually on ebay for $2... after fee and shipping...basically no profit. You might try selling on some of the local websites like FB marketplace or CL. If you can sell for $2 with no fee or shipping...it might be worth it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread