Darn you Hughmaster10 (first bag of quarters)

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
So...I finally did it. Figured what with the 4th right around the corner, I'd celebrate by finding a bicentennial or two. Bag of quarters later, and I realize apparently they are WAY more prevalent then I expected. Suddenly the 30 I already have in my collection don't seem nearly as special...not overly happy about that. Reality ruining another thing cherished during childhood.

Nothing for Silvers, obviously. Was happy to finally complete my state quarters collection though, lost a bit of steam on that during HS and college. Definitely was the most fun I've had during a hunt though, with all the various states/territories/parks, some beautiful coins out there, which made it vastly more interesting. Maybe not quite as fun as my dump bag of pennies, but still pretty neat to see everything and bring myself back up to date. I had managed to buy the Bowers' book on quarters at hobby lobby on sale for $5, so that definitely helped. Now, only need 30 more to complete my quarter collection, which I'm quite happy with too.

Did manage to find something special though, doubly so because its my state:

S20180702_0177.jpg S20180702_0178.jpg

Happy hunting everyone!

Upvote 0

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
Hahaha dedication is key! Keep searching! Maybe you’ll get lucky and find a Silver Gettysburg proof state quarter like I did. Wink wink.

OP
OP
R

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Hahaha dedication is key! Keep searching! Maybe you’ll get lucky and find a Silver Gettysburg proof state quarter like I did. Wink wink.

I'll just be happy to fill the US Territories book, let alone pull another proof, and am in no way delusional enough to think I'll find a silver anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread