Wheat dump continued

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, finished the other bags of cents. 280 in the initial dump bag, then only 13 in the bag after that. The last bag was the rest of the dump though: 293 wheats! Had a total of 14 from before 1940, a '24 and 2 VERY worn 1918. I am now up to 2,335 wheats since I started, though 977 of those were in just 3 bags. Found yet another JFK stamped one as well, and my 6th 2000 WAM. Was definitely a good week, and have another few bags for the weekend! Happy hunting everyone!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
HA, damn you Karma! Last bag of cents yielded 2 1958 wheats... Back on track! :-p

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on all of the wheat cents! :icon_thumleft:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to find bags like that, but my area only has bags at the credit union, and they won't sell.

OP
OP
R

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I would love to find bags like that, but my area only has bags at the credit union, and they won't sell.

Weird, I go through a credit union and they prefer I do bags...

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Weird, I go through a credit union and they prefer I do bags...

It all depends on the particular branch. In my case only two branches will sell me bags, but yet other branches of the same bank name say it's against bank policy. I think that it's a matter of how the paper work is handled, those that don't figure it's too difficult on paper to sell bags and go that route period. I figure by a branch selling bags off their machine, they can turn their CASH quicker, and not have to order boxes for you as the other.

OP
OP
R

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Regardless, long as they don't mind me doing it, I'm happy. Gotta figure a way to bring in cookies or a treat for them as a thank you soon though. I've gotten to the point where they let me take the bags out on a cart. #PlanTheIntervention

OP
OP
R

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang man, You're on a heck of a roll lately. May the wheat harvest continue to be bountiful!

Yeah, no, it dried up a tad. 47 Wheats in the 4 bags since. Lil under my average, but still not complaining. Any Wheat is a good Wheat!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread