Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dozer,
My wife doesn't always come to the banks/credit unions with me. But when she does, she is helpful. For example, when dumping $1000 in halves, I'll have 4 plastic containers that previously held mixed nuts and now hold exactly 500 halves each. When I'm finished feeding coins out of one (slowly, so as not to overload the machine), she is ready with a full jar so I don't have to get it myself. I tell her that she is helpful as well as decorative and then I get either a smile or eye roll. She also gets the bank doors for me when I'm lugging in 2 boxes worth of coins. We've only been married for 37 years...

The total randomness of the box contents means that I have some chance of beating her at something - but she is in the lead so far with total silver and 90%ers.

OP
OP
silveraddict

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife has less than zero interest in my hobby. She also complains on the 2 Saturdays a month that I go out. Not that she has anything else planned. If we do have plans they always come first.
But, I don't have the enthusiasm that she has for her flower garden.
However, I do the weeding.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife has less than zero interest in my hobby. She also complains on the 2 Saturdays a month that I go out. Not that she has anything else planned. If we do have plans they always come first.
But, I don't have the enthusiasm that she has for her flower garden.
However, I do the weeding.

BUT, you could always MD before doing the weeding, just so you don't damage a coin. [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Megalodon: still a newlywed I see, we just had our 50th last month, but never saw any GOLD COINS from the kids or grandkids.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Megalodon: still a newlywed I see, we just had our 50th last month, but never saw any GOLD COINS from the kids or grandkids.

I'm looking forward to seeing a post from you in the near future about FINDING that gold coin in a reject bin or trash can!

Congrats on your 50th and Happy Thanksgiving to you and Mrs. Dozer.

Last edited:

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Megalodon: funny you should say that, but yesterday Tues, I did find not gold, but a 1845 Large Cent in a trash can next to a coin machine. See my post on it elsewhere with pics on this forum.

Check under : Blueberra's - Coin Counting Machines ---rejects

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Megalodon: funny you should say that, but yesterday Tues, I did find not gold, but a 1845 Large Cent in a trash can next to a coin machine. See my post on it elsewhere with pics on this forum.

Check under : Blueberra's - Coin Counting Machines ---rejects

Hi Dozer and Happy Thanksgiving to you and Mrs Dozer. To find an 1845 large cent in a trash can, obviously from a reject bin, is just amazing. And it suggests to me that there are no coin collectors at that bank branch - always a good thing.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I am happy with my ratio this year. So far I have 59 ounces, 335 coins, that is more than I have found in all my years of doing this, of course this year I probably searched more than in my entire time combined.

I have 196 40% and 127 90% (including dimes and quarters, 58 90% halves) 1.55 to 1 ratio for me I am thrilled, this may be my banner year

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ben , Rosco, Don, and All other big hunters: imagine that it is possible to totally DRY UP SILVER in a small community/county etc. especially say out west or northwest to a point of NO NEW COINAGE coming thru the area. Now that would be a SKUNK EPIDEMIC.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I think they are right however I live by Gillette Stadium, the home of the Patriots, just south of Boston halfway between Boston and Providence, sort of an over populated area. I have 15 coin counters within 10 miles.

However I am trying a different bank this week for my half pickup and will try two different banks next week. I have to come to like bags and it gets rid of the middleman. I am now doing halves and dimes as I want to finish my Rosie collection, I have all the clad except some proofs and about half the silver dimes from 46-64

In my cuirrent dime bag I am at 5 Rosies with 1/4 to go

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing that sounds like a lot of fun like detecting half the fun is what you might find Great job!!!!!!!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ben: I think just this ending Oct month, I am finally able to completely make up 5 Silver Rosie sets 46-64 to give to my five older ( ages 34-46) children. I think the 49's were the hardest to find. I've been logging the years & mint marks every month as it closed. I'm still working getting my dead ass back together on compiling wheat cent collections for my 15-grand kids.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions