Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I strut in the door only to see the machine is in use. as coins are put in one by one..... some are spit back out. I then fidget in my impatient old dude style, but I muster my kindly helpful persona (gettin' harder to resort to that --- good thing I took my BP meds:laughing9:). I then advise the custie that the machine will spit out Wheats, Canadians & other such riff-raff. the other kindly old dude then asks me---- "you want these Indian Heads?"---

well. Lordy-- I will gladly unburden you of those-- I sezz to him:laughing9:.... an '82, '83 & '85---- all PO1--------------------

and THIS '81 :hello2: IMG_8637.JPG IMG_8638.JPG

in the words of the infamous Greg Gutfeld "animals are great"

BUT--- dumpin' can be LUCRATIVE :laughing9:

Upvote 0

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats - right place, right time, right attitude!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've noticed a bit more competition at my dump banks. One of my tellers said they have noticed more coin dumping by fed workers since the gov't shutdown . I always acknowledge them and say a few words, and help them when their rejects overflow onto the floor - a little human kindness never hurts, and as you found, it could pay off!

Last edited:

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
That is a nice coin. That doesn't happen often! Hard to tell the grade from the photo, perhaps vf30. I've never had that kind of luck dumping coins!

Maine_Jim

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
What a world we live in. Nice score my friend. That '81 is fantastic. I would soil myself if I found 4 IHP's. Can only wonder what else he dumped into the machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread