Two DIME bags, but poor results

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just when I thought that it may be a while before I get my next dime bag, two of my branches call me one day apart to tell me that a bag was full & come pick it up. Having to manipulate my cash flow availability & dumping, the results were not the best. First bag only managed to pull 5-Rosies, but the second bag managed ONE mere Rosie. I really think I was looking at someone else's dump-hole on bag 2, I had never gotten skunked that low on any dime bag in the past 5 years that I've been CRH. OR, have we all been draining the swamp so much of silver, that it's really starting to show. (Maybe also, there are so many new CRH's out there). One of these days in a bag I do hope to catch a mother-load of a collection dump.

Upvote 0
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Better luck in the next box! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that I've become somewhat spoiled from the dream Box back in Jan 2017, when I found 98 silvers in a MWR Bank Box, ( consisting of 65-mercs & 33-Rosies ), I doubt if I will ever forget the feeling, nor ever top it. Yea, but I could still DREAM that it could happen again, but bigger.

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
There was this bank called first Niagara that has since been bought by key bank, a few of their branches around my town used to have the older school coin machines that definitely did NOT reject silver. I distinctly remember two bags I picked up from one branch, on two separate occasions. One had $10 fv of AG plus a bunch of small foreign coins (European and some others) and the second bag had $8 fv of AG plus some other random stuff. Both of these were obviously someone dumping a relatives old coins or whatever, but these two bags are definitely what got me ‘hooked.’ It was very exhilarating. My wife (gf at the time) was helping me go through them and got really excited about it too, and she typically grouches at me over being the coin nut. It was a pretty awesome couple of hauls

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your gut is correct. If it filled up overnight with no silver I'd suspect a CRH dump. I am trying to phase out dimes and nickels. I've weaned myself to 5 rolls per bank which is tough when they have a lot but I was burning myself out running around dumping. Back to sniping for halves but i still like to get some nickels and dimes to look at to pass the day at work. Best of luck to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread