Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During the summer, I went back home for a few weeks to visit my family. On a Saturday, I took a trip to the main branch of my bank to pick up some boxes. I picked up a few boxes of pennies and nickels. I also asked about dimes, but the teller said they only had four rolls they could give out at that time because they were rolling some at that time. (The main branch has their own rolling machine with paper rolls.) She said I could wait or come back another day, but I didn't have much time so I left. And I about wanted to shoot myself for leaving after I opened the rolls! I opened the first roll and found a Merc and a few Roosies. The next roll I about jumped out of my chair. 9 Mercs! I opened the other two rolls and found another Merc and a few more Roosies. In total, I got 11 Mercs and 10 Roosies! I really wanted to go back to that bank but by the time I opened the rolls the bank was closed for the weekend. >:( Stupid me, I had to be impatient and couldn't wait to get some and open the other boxes. :'( Here are a few pics of the finds. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Mercs.jpg
    Mercs.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 336
  • Dimes.jpg
    Dimes.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 327
Upvote 0

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
patpall22 said:
Incredible finds and gotta love those silver dimes. ;D
I haven't had a lot of luck with boxes of dimes. 5 boxes, 1 dime each from 3 and 2 skunks. I might try quarters.

OP
OP
C

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awhitster said:
patpall22 said:
Incredible finds and gotta love those silver dimes. ;D
I haven't had a lot of luck with boxes of dimes. 5 boxes, 1 dime each from 3 and 2 skunks. I might try quarters.

No!! Don't try quarters! You'll have less luck than with dimes.

kestrelia

May 9, 2007
2nd that ... quarters are even rarer, keep at the dimes, sooner or later you'll hit a box with multiples.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread