Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see occasional posts from posters who gave up CRH due to skunk boxes and wonder what % of skunk boxes they were getting. As I approach 70% of my boxes turning out to be skunks this year, I'm curious if others have set thresholds - and once the threshold is reached or exceeded, it indicated time to quit. And, if so, are the thresholds the same for dimes as for halves?

Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Meg - Skunk streaks might be more prevalent today, but everything wasn't all roses years ago. I had good fortune. But the oldtimers will remember SilverCop's skunk streak. He was a large volume hunter at 20 boxes a week. He went through one of the longest skunk streaks especially considering his volume. There were a few months that had passed where not a single 40%'er was culled from his boxes.

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Traveling right now so can’t check my spreadsheet for skunk percentage. I do know that my silver half dollar recovery rate is 0.58%, or just under 6 silvers per box. This is from all sources (boxes, CWRs, teller trays, coin machine bags). This is the overall rate since I start CRH in Jan - 2017.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread