YEEESSS!!!!!!

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Finally, after 5 months of searching, I finally found a branch of a CU with a coin machine that is willing to sell me bags from the machine!! In fact, instead of the guy helping me treating me like I just had escaped from the local insane asylum, he was actually happy to do it (after I repeatedly assured him I wouldn’t be bringing them back to his branch!)

I just took a couple bags of cents today, but obviously will be making this stop on my weekly rounds, and looking for cents dimes and halves.

He also gave me everything in the internal reject cup again, again contained no silver. The machine is a new model, so my guess is that it’s pretty accurate and just rejects out silver into the normal reject tray, but I intend to fully test that theory.. I’m sure the bags will contain something.

I’m stoked about opening 4 less boxes of cents!!

Happy hunting this week everyone ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556663950.529422.jpg

Upvote 0

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s at about 850 right now :-D
I’ll be keeping my eye on that one

I keep track of my half dumps at 6 different coin machines in a notebook, so I can minimize the bag changes. I also avoid going when they are busy - like saturdays and friday afternoons.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with your reasoning. I also always thought that in theory at least I was saving the bank money in paying to ship out their coins. Whether I truly was or it was a fixed cost regardless of whether they had coins to ship out, I am not sure.

Banks have a contract with the armored car service. It does not save anything or cost them extra if you order boxes.

Be careful when you guys buy every bag you can. I did with one bank and I got a hernia. One time I bought 10-11 bags of cents. Had to carry to car and load, then at home up a set of stairs, then run through my Ryedel, then carry bags down the stairs and back into my dump bank. lots of works.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread