Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: YEEESSS!!!!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2011
    204 times
    Coin Roll Hunting

YEEESSS!!!!!!

Finally, after 5 months of searching, I finally found a branch of a CU with a coin machine that is willing to sell me bags from the machine!! In fact, instead of the guy helping me treating me like I just had escaped from the local insane asylum, he was actually happy to do it (after I repeatedly assured him I wouldnít be bringing them back to his branch!)

I just took a couple bags of cents today, but obviously will be making this stop on my weekly rounds, and looking for cents dimes and halves.

He also gave me everything in the internal reject cup again, again contained no silver. The machine is a new model, so my guess is that itís pretty accurate and just rejects out silver into the normal reject tray, but I intend to fully test that theory.. Iím sure the bags will contain something.

Iím stoked about opening 4 less boxes of cents!!

Happy hunting this week everyoneClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556663950.529422.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	725.5 KB 
ID:	1708187

us
    Mar 2018
    Bryant, WI
    Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
    1032 times
    CRH, hockey cards
    Best of luck man, hope ya pull something good!
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Oct 2011
    204 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Meeee too!!! Iím waiting for next week, hoping to pick up some dimes, could get up to doing 2-3k per week
    A2coins likes this.

us
    May 2018
    Maryland
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    1084 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    That's great! Hope you find something special in there. Do you have an account with that CU?

Pssstt - i thought our CRH forum here was our own kind of insane asylum.
    PetesPockets55 and A2coins like this.

Always do right; this will gratify some and astonish the rest.
    - Mark Twain

Running 2019 CRH: Boxes of halves searched: 69; dimes: 10
    Total skunk boxes: 49 halves (71%), 9 dimes (90%)
    90% halves from boxes: 30
    40% halves from boxes: 112
    Silver dimes from boxes: 1
    Silver halves from teller trays: 16 - 40% halves
    Coinstar silver: 3 quarters, 1 dime

us
    Oct 2011
    204 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Haha. Very true. Yes I do have an acct there so itís free.
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Dec 2006
    Western NY
    Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surfmaster
    127 times
    Congratulations on getting your foot in the door. There's a bank near me with a counting machine and they let me buy bags for a short time, then stopped. I don't directly have an account there, but I'm the treasurer for the local Boy Scout troop and their account is there. That's why they let me buy the bags initially. Then they said I couldn't buy them anymore because their auditor told them that only people with personal accounts could buy the bags and they weren't allowed to take cash over the counter for them, the money had to be taken out of the account so there's an audit trail. What a pain.

Scott
    A2coins likes this.

Dec 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Garrett Ace 250
    116 times
    Just be aware that bags are more likely to be off count than boxes. Sometimes high and sometimes low. If you notice that the count is significantly off and you buy most of the bags off their coin machine, you'll have to inform them yourself as they would otherwise have no way of knowing that it needs adjusting/cleaning. Especially if you notice that they are consistently off in the same direction by more than a few coins.

My suggestion is if off significantly in your favor ($2+ in dimes for example), offer to pay back the extra. If short, I would inform them, but don't demand to have them pay for the shortage as all they have is your word. As far as they knew the bag was accurate. Making an issue of being short/over is one of the main things that stops banks from selling bags, at least in my opinion.
    Megalodon, A2coins and GlenDronach like this.

us
    Oct 2011
    204 times
    Coin Roll Hunting

YEEESSS!!!!!!

Which is exactly why I intend to keep my mouth shut.
    The machine seems pretty accurate, for example, yesterday I dumped 1000 in dimes there, that I had removed 7 coins from (2 silver and 5 CAD) and then put back three coins (3 dimes found in penny rolls I was going through) the net result of my dump should have been 999.60, I turned in 999.50. This is if my memory serves me correctly, I may have removed one leas or put in one more which would make the dump spot on but I canít remember. In any event, the amount of time and effort buying bags saves versus buying boxes is worth far more than A 1/1000 machine error/difference in what I think I have versus what the machine thinks I have. Pennies would be impossible to tell because I use a reydale to sort and donít do them by hand. I get what your saying and appreciate your feedback, I just donít think that the margin of error is enough to worry about.
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Feb 2012
    2291 times
    Coin roll hunting

YEEESSS!!!!!!

Do a pre-test of a known, say $5. or even $10 in cents that YOU PHYSICALLY COUNTED, run it in the machine, and see for yourself the accuracy. If they say anything, your just testing the accuracy count of the machine.
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Oct 2011
    204 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Iíve basically been doing this every time I dump halves or dimes, Iíve found more often than not I wind up coming out a couple of coins higher rather than lower.
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2017
    Northern Virginia
    AT MAX/AT PRO/Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche diggers, and the custom made Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
    4191 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Congrats and best of luck
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Oct 2011
    204 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    This is the type of machine in case anyone was wondering/has more insight Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1556741910.080680.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	594.4 KB 
ID:	1708460
    A2coins likes this.

us
    May 2018
    Maryland
    1084 times
    One of my credit unions has that type of machine and it is much faster than the machines where you put the coins on a belt that drops them onto the spinning disc. It also seems less prone to reject coins.
    A2coins likes this.

- Mark Twain

us
    May 2018
    Maryland
    1084 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleslick18 View Post
    I’ve basically been doing this every time I dump halves or dimes, I’ve found more often than not I wind up coming out a couple of coins higher rather than lower.
    Same here. I think sometimes there are a few coins left in the machine when I start. If I dump a known $400 in halves into the coin machine, the readout should at least read to a 0.50 increment. When the screen shows 400.33, for example, then I know the previous user left some lower denomination coins behind.
    A2coins likes this.

- Mark Twain

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    23991 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Wow thats some good news thats alot of fun going through those bags Good luck
    Still Available ​Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links