Found dumping!

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no idea how this wound up popping out in the reject tray, but Iā€™ll take it!

Iā€™m 99.9% positive I didnā€™t miss it, who knows maybe it was clanking around in the machine or something, either way, works for me!

Good luck this week all

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558384695.802843.jpg

Upvote 0

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I'm gonna have to go with the 0.01% option. Hey, it happens to all of us. We just aren't normally luicky enough to get a second chance. :-) good for you.

blueberra

Oct 15, 2009
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
By any chance does your dump machine reject silver a la CoinStar or did you just get extremely lucky? I can't believe this coin was stuck in the machine from the prior user. I'd play the lottery tonight if I were you.

OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah my thought was the same, it is really unlikely that it was stuck in there. Maybe I did just miss it..

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah my thought was the same, it is really unlikely that it was stuck in there. Maybe I did just miss it..

I find it more unlikely that you could have missed it. I dump at 7 branches of two credit unions. Only three of the machines, all from the same credit union, are the same model. When starting to dump, I sometimes hear a coin either drop off the belt, or spin around before I have added a single coin. Sometimes those items are screws or even .22 cal shells, earring, etc. Because I don't want to bring a slip to the teller for an oddball amount, like 300.11, I carry a plastic bag with loose change to round up my total to either the next $1 or so to make a nice even amount. When learning the characteristics of these different machines, I found that some of them are more prone to the odd coin. But when dumping halves, I know that any rejected or accepted cents, nickels, dimes or quarters are from a previous user.

OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Right. I guess Iā€™m just confused because I rim check and sound check everything, so i ā€˜check twiceā€™. You can absolutely tell the difference in sound when there is a silver coin in a roll versus all clad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread