Old Uncirculated Penny Roll Score from Chase Bank! Wheats!

lucas1889

Jun 28, 2018
California
Detector(s) used
Garett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Treasurenet! I have been coin roll hunting for about a year now. mainly pennies. I go to the local Chase Bank every month or so to get around $50 in pennies. The first time I went in I was a little awkward since I didn't have an account. The tellers there are super nice. Today, when I walked up I was greeted with a smile by one of the tellers. She said; "We've been waiting for you! we had an old woman come in last week to deposit a bunch of old rolls!"

Here they are:
IMG_0261.jpg IMG_0262.jpg IMG_0263.jpg IMG_0264.jpg IMG_0266.jpg

Its quite a variety. Im guessing The woman was depositing her husbands collection. As you can see, some of the rolls had been opened. Im not sure why, but they are still pristine. I will be selling a portion of this on eBay and keeping the rest for my collection. I don't have much experience selling coins on eBay, but will research the best way to do so. I imagine the rolls that are already open will sell more fluidly as single coins for people filling albums. Give me your opinions?

The teller offered to write down my phone number and said they will call if they find anything cool. They are not obligated to sell coins to customers.If you don't act entitled to special service, and treat them like real people, they will want to help you.
Happy Hunting everyone

Upvote 0

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats! Amazing how tellers can make or break your chances. Tellers at my bank were nice enough to set aside some Mint-rolled Western Journey nickels a customer brought in, as well as a few Ikes and even a Steel Cent! Best of luck selling too!

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you ask if she brought in any else?
Nickels, dimes, quarters, halves or dollars.
Usually someone cashing in a collection has more than one denomination.

OP
OP
L

lucas1889

Jun 28, 2018
California
Detector(s) used
Garett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did ask if she brought other denominations. Surprisingly, she only came in with a boatload of pennies. they said she came there to deposit the pennies in three trips. I would imagine she has other things. I might stop by this week and double check because I'd like to start searching for silver

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
I did ask if she brought other denominations. Surprisingly, she only came in with a boatload of pennies. they said she came there to deposit the pennies in three trips. I would imagine she has other things. I might stop by this week and double check because I'd like to start searching for silver

Leave them your number to give to her and ask them to tell her a nice man is buying all the coins you have been bringing in, and offered to pay more for any other coins you have. Give him a call.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boom Baby thats what its all about Sweeeeet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread