I have 40 boxes coming tomorrow!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I went to my bank today to get my four rolls of halves, and the teller said there was a screwup and they didn't get ANY of their coins. But, she was needing some other coin, so she was placing an emergency order. They would deliver tomorrow! (They normally only get coin on Wednesday)

Well, I also have a penny coin sorter coming in from Ryedale. The larger unit, wihtout the counter. It looks wonderful, and I saw the comments from those that got one recently (thanks CC), so I ordered one too. And I want to hammer some pennies over the next few months! So, while she was saying that they are going to bring my halves tomorrow, I asked if I could do a one time BIG order of pennies. She asked how big, and I said $1,000. She was a little shocked (It weighs about 700 pounds!) but said that since they screwed up the order today she would gladly ask for the pennies.

They accepted the order on the phone while I was still there, and tomorrow I get 40 boxes of pennies!

My machine isn't here yet, but I'll get it in the next few days, and then I'll have the supply I need to work it for a while! I'll deal with the 4 boxes of halves (Yeah, I keep trying) tomorrow evening, and then when the Ryedale comes in I'm set to go to work on a WHOLE lot of pennies. :-)

I found 17 wheats today going through 2 boxes of pennies that I got from another bank today. It was a lazy day and I didn't work, so I hand sorted two full boxes. Of course, that will take me about 25 minutes with the Ryedale, but that's the goal on that. :-) I want to see how much I can go through in about a 3 hour dedicated run with the machine. My cump bank is going to be crazy with my penny rejects. LOL

I'll let you know how the machine works, and what the situation looks like on my piles of copper versus zinc. OH, and today I got a 1919S and a 1917 Wheat. Both nice coins, even though pretty worn.

John

2007 CRH & MD Total:

Indian Head Penny - 1 (1902)
Wheats - 67
Buffalo Nickels - 4
Silver (War) Nickels - 3
Pre 1960 Nickels - 31
Merc Dimes - 1
Silver Roosies - 1
Silver Wash Qtrs – 2
Barber Qtrs – 1 (1897!)
Franklin Halves - 0
1964 (90%) Kennedy - 1
1965 – 70 (40%) Kennedy - 15
NIFC Kennedy - 14

Halves results per Box (12 searched so far)

Skunks - 7
1 Keeper - 3
2 Keepers - 1
11 Keepers - 1

Total Silver Halves - 16/12,000 = 0.13%!!!

Copper Memorial Pennies

Upvote 0

coincollector101

May 8, 2007
Sweet John,

I love mine Im going to get another one in a month.
my Dad ordered 500 more on top of the 1000 in pennies I ordered.
So Ill Have 1500 in pennies to sort a week.

My Dump banks are going to hate me.....
Sweet you got the Larger Unit...
Im going to Have two of the uncased ones ....One Sorting the copper out ...Then Im going to make a shoot for the zinc to fall into the second machine to do the zinc resort all in one step. ;D
I found 2 Ih "That makes 3 Ive ever found"
Also 1909 vdb. , 1924 s and about common wheats.

Happy Sorting,
CC

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Dam I thought you was talkin about halves- could give Red a run for his money LOL. From what I hear that machine will do 40 boxes a week- your gonna have to make friends at more banks. Let the copper flow. HH Mark

OP
OP
jrf30

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I didn't think of that. LOL

<<Hope you don't end up with 40 boxes of 2007's>>

I just got back from the bank. they are in my truck. Over 650 pounds of pennies, plus four boxes of halves. I"m going ot have to open some of the boxes and just "peek" at the rolls, to make sure they are NOT all 2007s!

My Ryedale should be here Saturday accoding to the tracking form FedEx. Then we'll see how fast I can go through 40 boxes of pennies. :-)

JRF

coincollector101

May 8, 2007
I picked up 800 Dollars worth in pennies today...
The School kids are having a pennie war so I can get more with out ordering them in.
The School is Bringing thousands in ;D ;D

CC

OP
OP
jrf30

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
It's amazing how e changed from doing a box or two at a time to picking up $1,000 for me and $800 for you just TODAY. All because of Ryedale! Now, in the time that it took to do a roll, I have almost 1/4 of a box done. What a difference.

I need ot figure out where I am going to store all these coppers though. The garge still has a bunch of tennie beanie bbies in it from a failed attempt to hoard those. LOL. Been giving them away to churches for VBS, but still have over 9,000 left. Eventually I'll use that space. For now, I guess in the corner of my office. It will grow fast though.

I ordered 20 more boxes for next week, hoping I am through the 40 boxes by then form this week.

Schools. Hmmm. I need to see who is doing what. Kids may get grandpas coins and I may get some wheats or even IHs out of that. :-)

Good idea.

JRF

coincollector101

May 8, 2007
Yea it is amazing its like over night from a box to 40 lol.

I Dont know what to do with myself when I dont have pennies.
Because every Pennie we sort were making money.

I sold 45,000 coppers. for 1.5 cents...
I Stopped saleing them Bacause in a year I can Make Lots more per coin.

Happy Hoarding,
CC

OP
OP
jrf30

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
On ebay it seems you can get about 2.2 cents per copper. PLus they pay the shipping.

Of course, ebay is still a pain to work with, and it takes time, but that is my guide to tell me they are worth keeping. I'm seeling NONE of them for now. I figure I can hoard a few tons and then start thinking about what to do with them.

personally, I agree with those that say within 3 years they shall start to get harde rot find. And then the price shall be up some, and we can sell them in bags or boxes of our own, like silver now. Plus we have hte 100 year anniversary, where knowledge of the copper content and interest in the penny shall increase dramatically. that is in 2009. So, I can hard until then. :-) Maybe 5 or 8 tons by then? Woohoo!!

Okay, back to work. Then later tonight I have those 4 boxes of halves (About my last. I do so poorly on them, and my Ryedals should be here on Saturday. NO more halbes, unless they are scattered hand rolled ones from customers when I happen to be at the bank) to go through. Tomorrow I'll open some boxes of pennies to see if any are all 2007s. And I go to another bank tomorrow to pick up 10 more boxes. :-)

later dude. I'll post results of the ryedale when i come up for air. LOLOL.
JRF

coincollector101

May 8, 2007
I just found a ms60 1910... Its worth 20 Bux
Ive found 2 other pennies worth 30 each.

And about 300 wheats so far.

Im Not Keeping Track of them there is way to much to do.

Buy the Pennies
Sort the Pennies,
Resort the Zinc
Get Red of the Tons of zinc!!
+ Work a Full time job at the bank .....I sort coins allday there...I bring home about 10 rolls of copper a night.
Not enough time to keep track of everything.

CC

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Good God!
This is amazing!
Get's my blood boiling - I'm getting a Ryedale to clean copper!

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Trust ME Tim it is the dumping that sucks. A coffee can that holds $550-600 in halves only holds $30+ in pennies and still take 15 minutes to run through the counter. HH Mark

OP
OP
jrf30

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
It depends on where you dump. I dumped $87.31 in cents today, and it took my less than 4 minutes. And that was with waiting for the receipt to come out after it ended spinning.

AMAZING machine at that bank.

And tonight? Tonight I opened and checked four more boxes of halves. got ONE stinking 1969 from FOUR boxes.

I am DONE with halves.

DONE I tell you. three MORE skunk boxes, and a box with one keeper. My wife is starting to tell me that everyone on this board is lying to me. Because you find so many coins, and I have now run 16 boxes, with 10 skunks, 4 with one keeper, 1 with two, and only 1 box with more than 2 keepers! Total! I know there are roller coasters, but 16 boxes and nothing? 10 skunks? I think it is more than just a down turn! I don't know why they are so tough out here.

lastly though, I also opened some pennies today, just to get them ready for my Ryedale sorter that is not here yet. I found a 1917 and a 1919S just pouring them out of the plastic wrappers to have them more available for putting in the machine. I wasn't looking for copper (yet),just yanking the wheats if I happened to see them as I poured. Not even looking for them real hard yet. Found 24 wheats in all in just dumping two boxes into a pile and not even sorting them. :-) INcluding the two mentioned above.

And as for halves? Quote the raven ... nevermore!

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
jrf30 said:
It depends on where you dump. I dumped $87.31 in cents today, and it took my less than 4 minutes. And that was with waiting for the receipt to come out after it ended spinning.

AMAZING machine at that bank.

And tonight? Tonight I opened and checked four more boxes of halves. got ONE stinking 1969 from FOUR boxes.

I am DONE with halves.

DONE I tell you. three MORE skunk boxes, and a box with one keeper. My wife is starting to tell me that everyone on this board is lying to me. Because you find so many coins, and I have now run 16 boxes, with 10 skunks, 4 with one keeper, 1 with two, and only 1 box with more than 2 keepers! Total! I know there are roller coasters, but 16 boxes and nothing? 10 skunks? I think it is more than just a down turn! I don't know why they are so tough out here.

lastly though, I also opened some pennies today, just to get them ready for my Ryedale sorter that is not here yet. I found a 1917 and a 1919S just pouring them out of the plastic wrappers to have them more available for putting in the machine. I wasn't looking for copper (yet),just yanking the wheats if I happened to see them as I poured. Not even looking for them real hard yet. Found 24 wheats in all in just dumping two boxes into a pile and not even sorting them. :-) INcluding the two mentioned above.

And as for halves? Quote the raven ... nevermore!

Sorry about your luck with halves - I think it has a lot to do with the area of the country. I am also careful to dump at Loomis banks and buy at Brinks banks - really jacks % not having to get your dumps back. I'd like to find the mouth breather whose been coloring JFK's ear with a black sharpie lately. I hate marked coins!

Just ordered my Ryedale and can't wait to get it cranking - guess I'll be doing the same thing here- emptying rolls!

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Good thread, everyone.

I just finished sorting $150 in cents. My copper/zinc ratio was barely above 20%, but what fun it is! My Ryedale jammed up twice, but it took all of 15 seconds to unjam it. I found 40 wheats, and I still haven't sorted the "zinc concentrate" yet to find all the old ones. I have a ridiculous amount of zinc to dump, but there's a fantastic dump bank nearby. Trying to wait as long as possible to save on gas money.

And now it's time for fiatboy to brag a little. There are six banks within walking distance of my place, so I don't even have to drive to coin hunt. hahaha. I just load up my backpack and go. And when I do have to drive, my car gets 40 miles to the gallon.
(Thanks for indulging me.)

ME_CO said it best:
Let the copper flow.
8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread