Silver is almost back to $20. Time to reboot the ol network. - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Silver is almost back to $20. Time to reboot the ol network.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    2675 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imfishboy View Post
    If you are going to buy silver, don't buy half dollars. the half dollars are not pure silver. check your dates.
    Diversify my boy, diversify.
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Dec 2009
    AR
    Minelab E-Trac
    1050 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscores View Post
    Ran to a few banks and placed orders for $5,000 in halves this morning. After a few years off, it'll be nice to get back to the half searching grind!

Any other old timers coming back now with rising silver prices?
    At $20, with my limited dumping options, and expected limited finds, I strongly suspect its still cheaper just to purchase the silver directly. So no, I won't be ordering any boxes anytime soon.
    A2coins likes this.

Jun 2012
    Oklahoma
    Equinox 800, Ace 250
    337 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieBassMan View Post
    At $20, with my limited dumping options, and expected limited finds, I strongly suspect its still cheaper just to purchase the silver directly. So no, I won't be ordering any boxes anytime soon.
    Yea but very few things beat that feeling of opening a box to to see several enders looking back at you. Get's me pumped just writing it. And it's only cheaper if you factor in time and you should only factor in time if you're going to spend that time making money which is different than saying "could spend that time making money".
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Feb 2012
    2493 times
    Coin roll hunting
    Well it almost made $20, but now on Fri afternoon at $18.18
    It was fun while it lasted.
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Jul 2013
    Garrett AT Pro
    442 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscores View Post
    A similar streak busted me out last time around, combined with silver dropping. I think I went two months at 20-24 boxes a week and was finding like 2 40%ers a week. I've seen finds from my area (I moved away from NYC) and they have had silver so I think I'll be alright.

I know NF String is legit sorting out silver now if its rolled at their facility in Harrisburg, and I'm relatively close to them, so that is a concern for me...
    NF String is a manufacturer of coin wrappers, boxes and counters (similar to coin star).

They are not a coin handling company like Brinks and Dunbar, etc.

Just a letting you know you don’t have to worry about being close to them since they are just a manufacturing company.
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    2675 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdubguy View Post
    NF String is a manufacturer of coin wrappers, boxes and counters (similar to coin star).

They are not a coin handling company like Brinks and Dunbar, etc.

Just a letting you know you don’t have to worry about being close to them since they are just a manufacturing company.
    There’s an Ebay store that deals in large lots of bulk coins, tokens, copper etc. Harrisburg, PA. “Webcoins”, owned by NF String and sons.

Apparently NF String has been sorting and selling bulk copper cents and silver and misc coins for years now, (since 2013). This has been discussed on other numismatic forums.

Webcoins even sells large lots of guitar picks and SD cards...what’s that tell you?
    Last edited by fistfulladirt; Sep 07, 2019 at 04:52 AM.
    ArkieBassMan, Vdubguy and A2coins like this.

Aug 2012
    331 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fistfulladirt View Post
    There’s an Ebay store that deals in large lots of bulk coins, tokens, copper etc. Harrisburg, PA. “Webcoins”, owned by NF String and sons.

Apparently NF String has been sorting and selling bulk copper cents and silver and misc coins for years now, (since 2013). This has been discussed on other numismatic forums.

Webcoins even sells large lots of guitar picks and SD cards...what’s that tell you?
    Yep, as much as I was in denial for a couple years, the evidence is beyond obvious. I was doing some digging, don't remember what I found, but I definitely had an "oh ****, it's definitely them" moment. My next thought was "Hey, I wonder if they need a competent numismatist" lol.
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Oct 2011
    349 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    They are friggen KILLING my ability to sell off my copper cents!!!!!!!
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Dec 2009
    AR
    Minelab E-Trac
    1050 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Owassokie View Post
    Yea but very few things beat that feeling of opening a box to to see several enders looking back at you. Get's me pumped just writing it. And it's only cheaper if you factor in time and you should only factor in time if you're going to spend that time making money which is different than saying "could spend that time making money".
    It definitely would be cheaper, assuming things haven't improved over the past few years - which I believe is a very reasonable assumption. Boxes in my area several years ago averaged about 1.25 40%ers per box, with a 75% skunk rate. 4 to 6 boxes weekly would be the maximum I could do due to limited dumping options. Therefore my finds wouldn't come close to paying for gas and wear/tear on my vehicle going back and forth to retrieve boxes and dump rejects. However, I will very much agree that it is definitely more fun to find them than buy them, aside from dumping.
    A2coins likes this.

Aug 2012
    331 times
    I'm all about the thrill of the hunt and making some extra money while having fun, that's why I'm willing to get back in when the profitability might not be there.

9 more days...
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Apr 2005
    North Carolina
    Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett AT Gold
    2368 times
    If you are going to buy silver, don't buy half dollars. the half dollars are not pure silver. check your dates.
    That doesn't matter. Either way you're only paying for the silver content. Only thing .999 silver are ASE's.
    A2coins likes this.
    2019 COIN ROLL HUNTING TOTALS!

Wheats..76
    Buffalos..0
    war nickels.0
    Silv Dimes...-0
    Silv Quarters-0/0
    Barbers-0/0
    Walker 0
    Bens- 0
    Kenn. 90%- 0
    Kenn. 40%- 0
    Proof- 0
    Silv. Proof -0
    Commemorative-0/0

us
    Jul 2013
    Garrett AT Pro
    442 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fistfulladirt View Post

Yup! I had no idea. It even says coin processing on their site, lol. I wonder where they get their coins from that they are processing, banks, businesses, both?!
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2009
    A Place In Heaven
    Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
    297 times
    Lol any Silver before 1964 is 90% Silver and half dollars on and after 1964 are 40%. If you don't want the pre 1964 Half Dollars, I'll take them.
    A2coins likes this.

Feb 2006
    1170 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Marchas45 View Post
    Lol any Silver before 1964 is 90% Silver and half dollars on and after 1964 are 40%. If you don't want the pre 1964 Half Dollars, I'll take them.
    Close, but not quite. The last year for business strikes 90% was 1964. Halves were 40% from 1965-1970.

Time for more coffee.
    A2coins likes this.

Jan 2015
    48 times
    They have machines in the area. I think they search everything that gets dumped in their machines. They are megasearchers. What a fun job someone has at that company!
    A2coins likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links