Silver is almost back to $20. Time to reboot the ol' network.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good time to get back in the game. I'm too busy with coaching 4 days a week plus games for 2 sports. Early summer is my only chance to CRH for the next few years and I prefer to just dirt fish...more relaxing. I'll probably get back into it once my kids are older. GL and HH BigScores!

Owassokie

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I never left. 35+ years of hunting. I haven't searched halves since April of this year as I have dedicated all my hunting efforts on the West Point Quarters. I've been selling them as I find them except for the few that land in my Do Not Sell tube. It has been the most profitable hunting for some time. I'll resume my half orders in November to tap into the Christmas Silver.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver Down. I'm curious how many silver quarters you've found while hunting the west point quarters. Have you found any silver dumps?

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never left. 35+ years of hunting. I haven't searched halves since April of this year as I have dedicated all my hunting efforts on the West Point Quarters. I've been selling them as I find them except for the few that land in my Do Not Sell tube. It has been the most profitable hunting for some time. I'll resume my half orders in November to tap into the Christmas Silver.

I can't bring myself to look at new quarters, let alone every mint mark. That would drive me nuts. Good work though! I've heard its quite profitable.

With a kid of my own these days, it's tough to find the time to roll hunt much, but the wife understands that $20 silver won't last forever and I have to get out there while the getting is good.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Would love to see the oldtimers like Tim 50 SM and SW come back, but I'm not sure we will.
Even with prices going higher, banks have become more of a pain to work with, and are adding fees, restrictions, etc, etc. I would love to be able to order 5k in halves from a few branches and get back into it, but its just not feasible anymore.
I still frequently talk to a number of these guys, and I know a lot of them are investing in metals pretty heavily right now, the next few months are going to be a very interesting time.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Diver Down. I'm curious how many silver quarters you've found while hunting the west point quarters. Have you found any silver dumps?

Surprisingly, my first box in April when the new issues hit the system, I pulled 3 silver quarters. None since. I never hunted quarters before with any regularity so I chalked it up to "beginner's luck" even though I'm an old veteran roll hunter. But I have pulled 67 of the Lowell West Point ATB Quarters with an average selling price of $10/each. Still hoping to pull a new box of the San Antonio as they have just hit the system.

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would love to see the oldtimers like Tim 50 SM and SW come back, but I'm not sure we will.
Even with prices going higher, banks have become more of a pain to work with, and are adding fees, restrictions, etc, etc. I would love to be able to order 5k in halves from a few branches and get back into it, but its just not feasible anymore.
I still frequently talk to a number of these guys, and I know a lot of them are investing in metals pretty heavily right now, the next few months are going to be a very interesting time.

Why, so Tim can run around insulting me and calling my finds fake? Nah, he can stay gone.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im more into metal detecting than CRH at the moment as a side hobby but ive been thinking about it often as well haha. Good luck and HH :)

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigscores, let us know how you do. A $5000 pickup. That's 250 lbs of coins folks. How does one dump 10 boxes??? I post when I get a good box and I haven't posted in so long i forgot when I last posted lol. Good luck.

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigscores, let us know how you do. A $5000 pickup. That's 250 lbs of coins folks. How does one dump 10 boxes??? I post when I get a good box and I haven't posted in so long i forgot when I last posted lol. Good luck.

Bags. Take bags to a dump bank.

Will post how I do.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Bags. Take bags to a dump bank.

Will post how I do.

Many of the newer hunters are not familiar with volume hunting. I tell them to look back through the forum and there are numerous hunters that moved volume. SilverCop moved 20 boxes a week and had one of the more notable skunk streaks that I can remember. Hunting 20 boxes a week and going 3 months without a single keeper has to be a record.

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many of the newer hunters are not familiar with volume hunting. I tell them to look back through the forum and there are numerous hunters that moved volume. SilverCop moved 20 boxes a week and had one of the more notable skunk streaks that I can remember. Hunting 20 boxes a week and going 3 months without a single keeper has to be a record.

A similar streak busted me out last time around, combined with silver dropping. I think I went two months at 20-24 boxes a week and was finding like 2 40%ers a week. I've seen finds from my area (I moved away from NYC) and they have had silver so I think I'll be alright.

I know NF String is legit sorting out silver now if its rolled at their facility in Harrisburg, and I'm relatively close to them, so that is a concern for me...

Imfishboy

Jan 30, 2015
Sonoma County,Ca
Detector(s) used
MXT ALL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are going to buy silver, don't buy half dollars. the half dollars are not pure silver. check your dates.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I just don't know. The last day or so, I'm lucky to actually be logged on right now.. I have reached out to friends for an answer......

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ran to a few banks and placed orders for $5,000 in halves this morning. After a few years off, it'll be nice to get back to the half searching grind!

Any other old timers coming back now with rising silver prices?

At $20, with my limited dumping options, and expected limited finds, I strongly suspect its still cheaper just to purchase the silver directly. So no, I won't be ordering any boxes anytime soon.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At $20, with my limited dumping options, and expected limited finds, I strongly suspect its still cheaper just to purchase the silver directly. So no, I won't be ordering any boxes anytime soon.

Yea but very few things beat that feeling of opening a box to to see several enders looking back at you. Get's me pumped just writing it. And it's only cheaper if you factor in time and you should only factor in time if you're going to spend that time making money which is different than saying "could spend that time making money".

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well it almost made $20, but now on Fri afternoon at $18.18
It was fun while it lasted.

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A similar streak busted me out last time around, combined with silver dropping. I think I went two months at 20-24 boxes a week and was finding like 2 40%ers a week. I've seen finds from my area (I moved away from NYC) and they have had silver so I think I'll be alright.

I know NF String is legit sorting out silver now if its rolled at their facility in Harrisburg, and I'm relatively close to them, so that is a concern for me...

NF String is a manufacturer of coin wrappers, boxes and counters (similar to coin star).

They are not a coin handling company like Brinks and Dunbar, etc.

Just a letting you know you don’t have to worry about being close to them since they are just a manufacturing company. [emoji106]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread