More Coin Machine Rejects

blueberra

Oct 15, 2009
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bad news and good news dumping this week's box of half dollars.

Bad news : coin machine stopped acknowledging halves at the $282 mark -- coins just spun round and round. Teller gave me back my halves that were stuck in the machine. Someone else was waiting to use the machine and it worked flawlessly (no halves, of course).

The teller asked me to try again. and the machine counted $2 and then the same story. When he opened the machine, I saw that there were what looked like coins in the internal reject bin (some of my halves as well). I asked him to give me everything because this bank just dumps the internal rejects into the trash. They may also trash the external rejects.

When I first arrived at the bank, I noticed that there were some coins that had been thrown in the trash, so I grabbed them but didn't examine them.

Bottom line : the teller still couldn't get the machine to count halves and he was putting in a service call and told me he'd call me when the machine was fixed.

Good news : when I got home, I looked at the 'rejects' -- the usual suspects : some Canadian coins, some perfectly good U. S coins, some other foreign coins along with arcade tokens.

But there were also 4 U.S. golden dollar coins encased in plastic holders (a real smart move trying to feed them into the machine) and another one that was loose. Also a steel cent.

Attachments

• dollar coins.jpg
    dollar coins.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 66
  • steel.jpg
    steel.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 56
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread