Loomis - Page 4
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Loomis

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2012
    Massachusetts
    Whites, Garrett
    1072 times
    Gold Panning, Metal detecting, beach combing, shooting, photography, genealogy, gardening
    I don't see it? Is one of the reverses an ender?
    Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

#59 "Free advice is seldom cheap"

#92 "Never confuse wisdom with luck"

2019 Totals: Halves: 6 40% 4 90%, Dimes: 23, Quarters: 0

2019 GOAL: 300 silver Currently 33/300

Boxes searched: Halves boxes 8, bags 0, CWR 0, loose 0 : Dimes boxes 0, bags 1, BWR 0, CWR 0 : Quarters boxes 1, bags 2, CWR 0

MILES Driven 125

us
    Feb 2011
    Minelabs CTX 3030, Excalibur and Equinox 800
    45 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    My pick up bank is switching back to the single layer oblong boxes for half dollars. For about a year they were using the double decker square boxes. When they first started the double decker boxes I was getting loose foreign coins and tokens , about one in a box. Haven't got any loose ones lately, and won't get any with the single layer boxes. I'm not sure who the carrier is but I believe it's Brinks. Lastly I'm on a dry spell with all chunks.

Sep 2012
    MXT PRO AT GOLD ACE 250
    221 times
    Sorry picture not to sharp,.....yes the reverse bottom right hand corner of picture is silver. Have not cracked open box yet.....

us
    Aug 2012
    Massachusetts
    Whites, Garrett
    1072 times
    Gold Panning, Metal detecting, beach combing, shooting, photography, genealogy, gardening
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyorsky View Post
    Sorry picture not to sharp,.....yes the reverse bottom right hand corner of picture is silver. Have not cracked open box yet.....
    I kind of thought so, I haven't had an ender in forever

Boxes searched: Halves boxes 8, bags 0, CWR 0, loose 0 : Dimes boxes 0, bags 1, BWR 0, CWR 0 : Quarters boxes 1, bags 2, CWR 0

MILES Driven 125

us
    May 2018
    A state of Resistance
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    3355 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Cartwright SASS View Post
    I kind of thought so, I haven't had an ender in forever
    I hadn't either - but got one (in a Loomis box) thursday night. A 1969 and the only silver half in the box. I haven't seen a 90%er since November.

I reduced my standing order at the bank where I get Brinks boxes from 2 to 1 box of halves and have gone over to the dark side - yes, quarters (1 box). And I have started a new standing order from a different bank that gets coins from Loomis. They limit me to 1 box per week, but I am happy to get it.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Sep 2012
    MXT PRO AT GOLD ACE 250
    221 times
    Follow up

Dream box on this loomis including 1995 s deep cameo clad VG
    AND ALL 1964 See picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	68F64DE8-3626-4B65-8B06-001EBF824007.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	1792024  
    Megalodon, Owassokie and Dozer D like this.

us
    Aug 2012
    Massachusetts
    Whites, Garrett
    1072 times
    my first Loomis box today was a skunk, 2nd was better
    1 1963 Franklin, 3 1964 Kennedy's and a 1969 40%

at least Loomis in our area isn't snipping

Megalodon likes this.

MILES Driven 125

us
    Dec 2006
    Very Northern Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    2017 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LooseChange View Post
    It's possible that this driver thinks that telling you this kind of story will make you stop getting boxes of halves and thereby make his route less coin-intensive.
    If that is true he was a very good liar. We were just having a casual conversation. No need to make up a story. besides it was late in the evening, all bank had been closed for some time. I think he just picks up at stores.
    When I did yard sales I was dollardan. No yard sales where I am now.

Sep 2012
    535 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdan View Post
    I was in a CVS Pharmacy last week and while waiting for my meds a armored truck driver also stood waiting to make a pickup. We got to talking (actually I started it) I asked if he lugs around a lot of half dollar boxes and the answer was yes. I asked if he knew why there were so many boxes requested by banks, again a yes. He told me all his boxes have rubber stamped on top "contains no silver"

There are only about 4-5 banks in my county.
    Quote Originally Posted by LooseChange View Post
    If I were you, I would never believe the "contains no silver" story without first hand confirmation. Whether it is a story that there is no silver for whatever reason or even just a story that the boxes are marked as not having silver. Either is probably fantasy.

We had some screwballs on here once claim that Loomis was stamping half dollar boxes with some variant of "contains no silver" messages. When asked for a pic, they uploaded a poorly done photoshop of a half box with digital text on the image. They had some idiotic idea that people would stop CRH'ing because of their lies and that would give them better odds. It's possible that this driver thinks that telling you this kind of story will make you stop getting boxes of halves and thereby make his route less coin-intensive. That level of infantile logic cracks me up.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdan View Post
    If that is true he was a very good liar. We were just having a casual conversation. No need to make up a story. besides it was late in the evening, all bank had been closed for some time. I think he just picks up at stores.
    He's probably a CRH'er. They've been known to do stupid things and tell far fetched lies to try to further their hobby.

Seems odd that he'd be touching any half boxes if he's just serving businesses ("...asked if he lugs around a lot of half dollar boxes and the answer was yes ... he just picks up at stores..."). I'd ignore everything this clown said. There's been some super finds reported lately from Loomis boxes. If anything, it seems like Loomis boxes are richer in silver than any other.

us
    Dec 2006
    Western NY
    Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surfmaster
    144 times
    It depends on your area. I know they don't pull silver, but in my area Loomis gets all the change from Coinstar. That means that all that silver that's rejected by the Coinstar machines doesn't make it into the boxes. I can tell when I get those boxes because they are 100% US clad. I get excited when I find a Canadian dime or quarter because I know it's not a box from a Coinstar machine and their might be (and usually is) silver in the box as well. I don't worry much about the nickels and cents because Coinstar seems to accept most of them.
    I found out about that from the Coinstar technician that I met one day at Wal-Mart. He was replacing the motor that turns the sorting drum inside the machine. He told me that Coinstar contracts with different coin carriers in different parts of the country and it happens that the Rochester, NY area is Loomis.

Scott
    fistfulladirt and blueberra like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links