More teller tray halves and a V nickel in a roll

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
Yesterday, i went to bank, they had $1.50 in halves. Loose halves from tellers have been good for me this year.

1 1953
1 1967
1 1968D BU condition

halves 12-16.jpg

Sifted through $24 in nickels and got this 1912 V nickel in a MWR.
In somewhat decent condition for a roll find - can read most of LIBERTY on the headband

Also got this 1957 Canadian cent in nearly BU condition

Vnickel 12-16obv.jpg

Vnickel 12-16rev.jpg

The $175 in dimes were a skunk

Upvote 0

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats. Amazing to me that a teller just hands over a Franklin half. And that a V-nickel can be plucked out of a roll. You are in a good place!

OP
OP
C

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats. Amazing to me that a teller just hands over a Franklin half. And that a V-nickel can be plucked out of a roll. You are in a good place!

Younger tellers in particular have generally handed over silver halves, etc. I just think that they don't care. Others probably don't even know. Just because they work in a bank doesn't necessarily imply that they are into coins like we all are.

This region is good for CRH: the communities are older - which means that people have old coins in their possession, so they often eventually get turned in, there are tons of people (large population) so coins are always changing hands, and there are a lot of banks.

The V nickel was just luck - I have only gotten about 3 or 4 of those in decades of on-and-off CRH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions