The Remarkable Ryedale

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
I got the Rydale Apprentice model today.
I read the directions, plugged her in and started dumping.
I read somewhere that jams were expected and frequent. Not so!!!
42,157 pennies later = no jams or any malfunctions whatsoever.
This thing is a monster! It eats and sorts pennies so fast that I could hardly sip my beer!
It would have taken me a month of strained eyeballs to do what this baby did in a couple of hours.
I found a few red wheats that I would have missed by just flipping old copper.
I thought everyone was exaggerating when they talked about 5 or 10 boxes a night.
All I can say is if you get one, you better have a few darn good dump banks lined out.

Upvote 0

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dagnabbit, guys!

Ya'll are just going to keep telling about how great they are until finally I'll have no choice but to get one!!! ;)

When my wife has a hissy fit over my newest acquisition, can I direct her to you??? :D

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
When your wife gets upset over the new buy, tell her this.

YOur metal detector cost as much or more than the Ryedale. And it has returned some nice finds over the years (Months, or whatever). But, the ryedale can return in profits enough to pay for itself in about 2 weeks! noT THAT i'LL sell ANY of my copper, but the stored up value of my copper coins is already, in two weeks, more than YEARS of metal detecting. and more than I paid for the ryedale.

It is by FAR the BEST treasure hunting machinery I have bought in my LIFE. I love my metal detectors, and got a new DFX this past christmas, to replace my spectrum. But, the ryedale has surpassed all the others in find, in a scant two weeks.

Just because the profit is small but ABUNDENT with copper pennies. and the indian heads and wheats are just bonuses fromt eh copper profit that I am looking for.

Wow. That's quite the endorsement for ryedale. and i"m not even geting paid to say it! Buty, it is true, IMO.

Of course, I recomend you do NOT get a Ryedale. Because i think that the way these suckers pull copper out of circulation that we will start reducing our take in dcopper within 24 months if too many people get a ryedale. It goes through that much coinage! So, in some ways i hate to praise it here, because the more that buy the more the competition goes up. Seriously. For now there is enough for more people to do this, but soon it will be like halves. some spots are pretty dry on silver already, and more shall be within the year. Yes this hobby will work itself to lower returns within a few years. but, for now the ryedale is a wonderful thing. And the urgency is something else you can tell your wife. LOL.

good luck and HH.

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
I was told no way was I getting one of those, so I guess I'll just have to buy 2 of them to spite the little woman hehehe!
Good luck guys!
Ray

coincollector101

May 8, 2007
Thats Right Ray ;)

silverfinder37 said:
I was told no way was I getting one of those, so I guess I'll just have to buy 2 of them to spite the little woman hehehe!
Good luck guys!
Ray

I had my cousin sorting with me last nite with it.
I let him loose on a box of copper looking for wheats.
I gave him a wheat in a 2x2 and told him if you ask your mom to get you a box of pennies you can find more....
He had a big Grin on his face.It Thrilled him finding a wheat.

Happy hunting,
CC

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
silverfinder37 said:
He had a big Grin on his face.It Thrilled him finding a wheat.

As silly as it sounds, I am thrilled to find one as well. Hey, I think I saw the cost for the that sorter at around $500.00, are you guys getting a better deal?

coincollector101

May 8, 2007
The One thats 500 ish is the big machine that has the red case.
Most all of us bought the apprentice model it was 299.

I Paid for mine in 40% halfs ;D

Happy hunting,
CC

I went out Mding for the first time tonite.
I Found 2 quarters, a old Dogtag in a shape of a heart with names and a date inscribed in it, Im going to give it to the lady and guy that has the name on it, It was dated 1964.a Bottle cap ive never seen before. green ale...
I water spray gun for a hose and the connector that hooks to the batteries terminal on a car.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I bought the bigger and better looking one. It sits in my office, and I didn't want it to look like a machine. PLus, I hope that the casing holds out some dust over time.

Runs great so far. :-)

J

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
I have the Apprentice Model, and I couldn't be happier!

If you're serious about sorting pennies, buy a Rydale.

Seriously, do it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread