Another amazing pickup!

DTW

Greenie
Oct 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, in my travels today, i decided to stop at another bank to see if they had any halves. This particular bank has been hit or miss over the years, but with the luck i had last week, i just had a feeling!
Boy am i glad i stopped:

Me: Do you have any halves?
Teller: Yes, i have 9.50.
Me: I'll take them! (And she is dumping them on the counter before i've even finished speaking, and yup i hear silver!)
Teller: Yeah this woman dropped them off yesterday. They were her mother's. She asked if she could get more for them, since they were "old". Answer by teller: No you would have to bring them to a coin shop for that.

So, customer knowingly sells "old coins" to bank. Teller knows they are old and sells them to me! (She was middle age like me, but i guess didn't really care).

Ding, Ding, Ding(or clink, clink, clink!). 19 1964 Kennedy's!

Always ask, and always buy them all. Every! Single! Time!

IMG-2655.jpg

Upvote 0

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, always buy all they have. If you cherry-pick at the bank, they.ll wonder why.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
DTW: yes, we all know the drill, sometimes one customer at the teller window toooo late.
Nice find, right place at the right time.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, always buy all they have. If you cherry-pick at the bank, they.ll wonder why.

By all means, DON'T DO IT in front of the teller. Wait til you get to your car before you scream, YESSSSSS !!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just crazy reminds me of pawn stars an expert says yep worth about 10 grand they offer 1 grand and they take it great score on those

Stacker62

Feb 28, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, in my travels today, i decided to stop at another bank to see if they had any halves. This particular bank has been hit or miss over the years, but with the luck i had last week, i just had a feeling!
Boy am i glad i stopped:

Me: Do you have any halves?
Teller: Yes, i have 9.50.
Me: I'll take them! (And she is dumping them on the counter before i've even finished speaking, and yup i hear silver!)
Teller: Yeah this woman dropped them off yesterday. They were her mother's. She asked if she could get more for them, since they were "old". Answer by teller: No you would have to bring them to a coin shop for that.

So, customer knowingly sells "old coins" to bank. Teller knows they are old and sells them to me! (She was middle age like me, but i guess didn't really care).

Ding, Ding, Ding(or clink, clink, clink!). 19 1964 Kennedy's!

Always ask, and always buy them all. Every! Single! Time!

View attachment 1808055

Congrats on a really GREAT score!! That's awesome.

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey DTW,
Are you in the Metro Detroit area? You name is the abbreviation for Detroit Metro Airport?

Keep on Searching,
Dad and Tanner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread